W:A v3.6.30.0 Released

News, links, downloads and important information that everybody should read
Dario
NNN member

W:A v3.6.30.0 Released

Post by Dario »

Visit this thread at T17 forums to read about the patch http://forum.team17.com/showthread.php?t=42360" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
This is another link for downloading the patch: http://wa.team17.com/main.html?page=sup ... da&file=15" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Some important things about the gameplay changed:
1-Skunk bug (double poisoning; 10 damage/turn) has been fixed. Now one skunk can not poison a healthy worm for more than 5 damage/turn.
2-Now WA can read the delay of utilities in personalized schemes. This means that the original 2 turns delay of jetpack in the Intermediate scheme has been restabilished. If you have a version of the scheme that does not have this 2 turns delay, please download the scheme again.

Please update your WA to 3.6.30 as soon as possible. If you have a game version that does not let you patch it, you can download a clean iso file (and load it with a virtual drive such as daemon tools). Here are the links (hopefully still working) of a clean and completeley patchable version of WA: sorry Dario, I had to disable that
Enjoy the new patch :)
Kayz
NNN member

Re: W:A v3.6.30.0 Released

Post by Kayz »

Shall we really use the jetpack delay again? ;o I don't think the majority would like it, (I don't either) I got too used to it.
[FaD] im pro jumper
[lNNNxDario] i see
Dario
NNN member

Post by Dario »

It's not a major change and the original scheme was like that ;)
Kayz
NNN member

Post by Kayz »

Same goes for cluster. That is no reason imo, but whatever.
[FaD] im pro jumper
[lNNNxDario] i see
Dario
NNN member

Post by Dario »

The modification of cluster was to:
a- make it more similar to the original scheme (we started at WWP)
b- balance the game a bit more towards darksiding (any 100 hp worm could be killed with cluster suicide).

Losing the jetpack delay was never intended. If after going back to the original jetpack delay someone comes up with a good balancing reason, then be it. So far, let's stick to the way it was (there was nothing wrong about it imho).

Anyway, the scheme we are using has that delay. So most players won't even need to download a new scheme.
Kayz
NNN member

Post by Kayz »

Well yeah, it makes the game a bit harder, no easy flying out of hard spots, where you can rope out only difficult on open maps. I can accept it, I was just wondered that you command everyone here to upload as fast as possible to 3.30. ;)

Edit: And it sucks for cow users, to wait one turn more to do a JP attack.
Last edited by Kayz on Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[FaD] im pro jumper
[lNNNxDario] i see
Dario
NNN member

Post by Dario »

Because I am a minion of the secret WA service and I was commaned to command everyone to update to 3.6.30.0 xD

*And because 3.6.30.0 is not compatible with older WA versions ^^.

*edit: ye, sucks for cows... maybe now more players will use holy :P
Koras
NNN member

Post by Koras »

Kayz wrote:Well yeah, it makes the game a bit harder, no easy flying out of hard spots, where you can rope out only difficult on open maps. I can accept it, I was just wondered that you command everyone here to upload as fast as possible to 3.30. ;)

Edit: And it sucks for cow users, to wait one turn more to do a JP attack.
no no it sucked for no cows users :)
in fact U just cheated when U used cows from jet in your 2nd round :lol:
well, imo we have no choice gg jet in 1st,2nd tourn.

what about CWT?
lacoste

Post by lacoste »

I dont like the idea of delayed jetpack coz:
- i learned to play inter like that
- im used to this (happen to me in like 70% of classic intermediate games to use LG instead JP or shoot myself with a zook lol)
- i love various combinations from the first turn with jetpack
- it helps in very unlucky placement situations to save whole round

And ofcourse, that would be huge mistake to make changes in CWT. imo.
SirGorash

Post by SirGorash »

lacoste wrote:I dont like the idea of delayed jetpack coz:
- im used to this (happen to me in like 70% of classic intermediate games to use LG instead JP or shoot myself with a zook lol)

We got used to it, we shouldn't change it i think. But anyway no big deal. About CWT it should finish with the same scheme it started.
Dario
NNN member

Post by Dario »

lacoste wrote:I dont like the idea of delayed jetpack coz:

-I learned to play inter in the other way.
-I was used to the other way and had to adapt to the new way.
-I love having limited resources in the first turn.
-It helps in very lucky placement situations to make it simply impossible for your opponent to save the whole round.

:P.

-The scheme always had the delay in it, it's just that because of a bug the game was not able to read the delay. Now it can read the delay again.
-Cows are cool, and a lot cooler without jetpack delay. Maybe too cool? xD. And I am not talking about nerfing cows, I am talking about restoring ;).
-At the begining of this league, when we switched to an edited scheme and we had to start using jetpack without delay, some players had an in-game rule where neither of them would use the JP before the standard delay.
-CWT started with no jetpack delay, and there was some discussions about the possible negative effects of no jetpack delay (check the old forums).
Fantomas

Post by Fantomas »

Also a great feature of the new update - you can quickly fix a color bug which happens randomly during a game and which was curable only by minimizing. Just press shift + pause.
I have this bug almost in every game and sometimes losing 5-7 seconds during your turn to minimize and back is too costly.

P.S. Dario's post contains links to illegal copy of worms. Take that into consideration :) You can get in prison for that :)
GopnicK
NNN member

Post by GopnicK »

YOUR IP HAS BEEN LOGGED!
Hokku:
Cheat
Hax
WTF
GopnicK
NNN member

Post by GopnicK »

ye ye.. i remember... pregnant!

R A D A R
L O L
O R O R O

wtf i polindrome? Hope its not smth concerned with DNA?!
Last edited by GopnicK on Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hokku:
Cheat
Hax
WTF
Dario
NNN member

Post by Dario »

Fantomas wrote:P.S. Dario's post contains links to illegal copy of worms. Take that into consideration :) You can get in prison for that :)
Really? I was told it was supported by T17 because anyway they don't make any real money out of selling WA anymore. And no matter what you say, unless someone from T17 calls me and personally tells me that copy of worms is not legal, I will still think it is legal. :roll: