2vs2 competition 2010

2vs2 mini leagues & other unfrequent hosted tourneys.
Zemke
NNN member

2vs2 competition 2010

Post by Zemke »

We want to organize the 2vs2 league in the beginning of 2010. Though previous 2vs2 competitions including TNL failed. But still we believe this can work. Moreover we plan to code an own page for it and letting it be bigger than the 2vs2-mini-league edition. I personally think that 2vs2 games are fun and too slightly played. Seems a bit too early to talk about it, but no it isn't too early. Search for a good friend who you can trust to and train together, it's fun, believe in. :P

What I want to is you all to decide about rules an regulations and drop a word about your own participation so that we have an idea about the amount of participators we would have. There are some points which need to be discussed:
- Group stage with K.O. round or ladder system or something else?
- Allowing teams with more than two players in order to avoid inactivity?
- Deadlines or... whatever?
- 1st, 2nd and 3rd place?
- ...And so on, just everything, spread your own ideas!
lacoste

Re: 2vs2 competition 2010

Post by lacoste »

Well, if teams are allowed there will be less games played (like TNL - few teams with a 4+ players each) and ranking will be poor, from the other hand there will be inactivity hole for sure. I dunno if this gonna succed, why not to try anyway (if scripting isnt that much time expensive) . Im personally not a fan of 2v2 gameplay and im not alone. As i see activity in league is about 40 players with 15+ games played, so number of teams wont be outstanding. Good luck anyway.
hLdd3n

Post by hLdd3n »

well i cant give any ideas about the organisation, because i personaly have no expirience in such

but count me and Airhead as a team :)
i agree we have to play more 2v2
Albino

Post by Albino »

Squads or teams really never worked good at all imo.It works good on tourneys but not really works at any league.Because there is already lots of clans and clans works like squads,teams,etc.. ,so there is no need to create another "team play league".MI also will be created TNL clan league soon.You can discuss about this at TUS forums .

http://www.tus-wa.com/forums/leagues-ge ... rdseen#new" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false
Zemke
NNN member

Post by Zemke »

lacoste wrote:Well, if teams are allowed there will be less games played (like TNL - few teams with a 4+ players each) and ranking will be poor, from the other hand there will be inactivity hole for sure. I dunno if this gonna succed, why not to try anyway (if scripting isnt that much time expensive) .
I thought about two players and those who think that they can't be active enough to play all their games in time can add one player more. Scripting it might be time expansive but we will manage it. You should start playing 2vs2's, you can learn a lot and it's fun. :)
Albino wrote:Because there is already lots of clans and clans works like squads,teams,etc.. ,so there is no need to create another "team play league".
We have already had some 2vs2-mini-leagues (number one and two) which worked pretty well. However, ONL has many Intermediate players and I guess we would reach more players. We should give it a try and if we are doing good at announcing this we will get enough participants, I'm sure.
Koras
NNN member

Post by Koras »

I think we have bigger chances to create goood normal 2vs2 'league' then TUS...... TNL is inactive atm.

I think we should organize it as before:
-1 or 2 groups, depends how many teams sign up
-1 game vs each other in group stage
-then final for 2 best teams or semi finals for top 4
Albino

Post by Albino »

PiNK wrote:We have already had some 2vs2-mini-leagues (number one and two) which worked pretty well. However, ONL has many Intermediate players and I guess we would reach more players.We should give it a try and if we are doing good at announcing this we will get enough participants, I'm sure.
It was really "league" like that ONL?I don't think so.It was a tourney afair.
Old WEL's stuff also tried the same thing and it did not really worked because of inactivity.Single WEL was pretty active when they tried that squad thing and there was a lot of players.I remember that me and God2k won a season as a team (called iF) with just 5 or 6 wins (maybe it was even less wins,not sure).And we could not play PO's because there was only 3 or 4 active teams they only played 2 or 3 games (pretty active,huh? :roll: ).So it was stupid to play PO's.And WEL's stuff decided to close that squad league after 2 seasons. :(
I hope it works for ONL but i don't think so.Good luck with that.
Albino

Post by Albino »

Btw PiNK, if you are interested to play intermediate squad league why didn't you show some effort to play when there was a TNL squads?It was about TNL scheme?Any reason?
Koras
NNN member

Post by Koras »

He wrote "2vs2 competition 2010".
I think regular 2vs2 league is not very good idea:)
2vs2 mini league/2vs2 normal cup would be better.
Albino

Post by Albino »

Ah ok,my bad.My English pwned me one more time. :P :mrgreen:
So I will try to catch Joschi. :twisted:
Domi

Post by Domi »

Koras wrote:He wrote "2vs2 competition 2010".
I think regular 2vs2 league is not very good idea:)
2vs2 mini league/2vs2 normal cup would be better.
Agreed.
Zemke
NNN member

Post by Zemke »

Albino wrote:Btw PiNK, if you are interested to play intermediate squad league why didn't you show some effort to play when there was a TNL squads?It was about TNL scheme?Any reason?
Because I knew it'd fail, hehe. :wink:

We thought about a regular 2vs2 league either, at least I discussed it with Koras. And we came to the result that it will become inactive over the time, just as you said. Now we want to organize 2vs2 league, cup or simply competition, however, this won't be a permanently opened league. Also because ONL, NNN tournaments, other leagues and additional 2vs2 league would be too much and noone could focus on one of these, people will be split over much tournaments which will result in general inactivity.
But what we want is to make it a bit bigger than the old 2vs2-mini-leagues. Probably organizing it once in a couple of months.
lacoste

Post by lacoste »

Err, please dont call tournament as league, this is far different thing - league is about ranking and seasons, tournament is a one time competition.
We want to organize the 2vs2 league in the beginning of 2010. Though previous 2vs2 competitions including TNL failed.
TNL 2v2 was league, not a tournament. From the beggining i was thinking u want to make a 2v2 version of ONL.
Albino

Post by Albino »

Yeah lacoste,thats what I thought.
Zemke
NNN member

Post by Zemke »

lacoste wrote:Err, please dont call tournament as league, this is far different thing - league is about ranking and seasons, tournament is a one time competition.
We want to organize the 2vs2 league in the beginning of 2010. Though previous 2vs2 competitions including TNL failed.
TNL 2v2 was league, not a tournament. From the beggining i was thinking u want to make a 2v2 version of ONL.
Due to these kind of posts the well known dramas are starting. What's actually meant is already clear. Think about the sense your posts will have or not and what they will cause.
My bad though, I obviously didn't say it exactly enough that this won't be a league like ONL. :)

I made the icon for the navigation, by posting it you will have the chance to judge it and maybe change it if you want to.
Attachments
2vs2_icon.png
2vs2_icon.png (969 Bytes) Viewed 9232 times