Editing water color

Discussion and information related to the open Intermediate league
Korydex

Editing water color

Post by Korydex »

It's possible to make waves transparent with Water color editor. Do you think it's fair? Sometimes you can't see land and mines through it and it adds to the luck.
PavelB
NNN member

Re: Editing water color

Post by PavelB »

Interesting idea! I don't think it's dishonest.
Albus

Post by Albus »

I would prefer that no one use it. But unfortunately it is something that we cannot control.
Dario
NNN member

Post by Dario »

I think that editing game files is not good, it's also quite obvious when someone did
Kilobyte
NNN member

Post by Kilobyte »

it's doable (without editing anything), but then I'm not going to tell it how. But I dont think it's "unfair" since you will be able to see "hidden" mines that cannot be seen behind the waves.
"Unique: if we dont know him he's a noob. Well, if I dont know some1 I know he's noob"
Dario
NNN member

Post by Dario »

Well, I don't like it, I think it would be unfair for the players that have learned how to know when an explosion hole is actually deep enough for plops using sound cues and knowing very well the explosion radius of weapons. But if it gets popular and there is no way to control it, then maybe everybody should know how to do it.
Perdunok

Post by Perdunok »

Water transparency appears if you change the background with the insert button
Korydex

Post by Korydex »

Perdunok wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:08 pm Water transparency appears if you change the background with the insert button
No, there's still one wave left with minimum background
Kilobyte wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:49 pm it's doable (without editing anything), but then I'm not going to tell it how.
Interesting :) I know there was a wormkit module that removed waves completely, but Deadcode considered it cheating.
Kilobyte
NNN member

Post by Kilobyte »

Yea, a wormkit module. Since I dont need to use Wormkit (I used to use it, because of hosting ability) I dont have the transparent-wave neither. Again, it useful for avoiding hidden mines that are totally overlapped (luck factor?) but then we must make an agreement that it counts either cheating or not, and should be banned.
"Unique: if we dont know him he's a noob. Well, if I dont know some1 I know he's noob"