Counting the utilities and order of the enemy team

Replays, screenshots and anything that can help players getting better
Albus

Counting the utilities and order of the enemy team

Post by Albus »

I think this is a very important subject. Some beginner players don't pay much attention to this subject and since I didn't find any topic about it in this section, I decided to create one.

There is no doubt that counting the utilities used by the enemy is extremely important, as you will know if the enemy can reach you or not etc. It is also very important to know the sequence of the enemy team, as you will be able to plan your next turn based on the enemy's next move.

To begin I will tell how I do it. I can't memorize the order of the enemy team during the game. At most, during a match, I can get a sense of the sequence of the enemy team, from the middle to the end of the game. But then, in the next round, I will no longer remember the order of the enemy team just by the names of the worms and I would have to try to memorize it again. So, I'll tell you how I do it. Since most players always play with the same team, I save the order of the enemy team of the people I play against. So, at the beginning of the match, I just copy and paste the enemy team in the chat window, something like this: 1) Joker 2) Scabby 3) Larry etc.
But what if the person creates a new team? Well, in that case I think that in the first round you will have to use your memory. However, before second round, you can use the game replay to catch the new sequence of the enemy team.
We talked about the sequence of the enemy team, and what about ours? Previously, I used to create new sequences to make it difficult for the enemy to know the sequence of my team, but then I would also have to get used to the new order, which may not be good for me during the match. But I noticed one thing. Some CWT champions have always used the same team, allowing the enemy to know their sequence and still win. FaD, for example, in the CWT final against chuvash, had the team with an explicit sequence (1, 2, 3 etc.). So I think it is unnecessary to create different sequences. That is my opinion.

Regarding the utilities used by the enemy, I use the X-Mouse Button Control program. With it, I just press the side button of the mouse, and the program automatically writes the following message to me in the chat: 1ws 2ws 3ws 1r 2r 3r 4r 5r jetpack lowg 1chute 2chute 1bunguee 2bungue dina sheep etc. With this message in the chat, every time the enemy uses some resource, I use CTRL+arrow kews to move faster in the chat window, and I delete the entire word referring to the utility used using CTRL+Del.

I attached a screenshot of how it looks to me during the game.

The downside of doing this is that you cannot speak during the match. But in a way, talking deconcentrates many people, including me. The less you speak, the more you will be focused on the game.

Whoever wants, feel free to share your opinions and methods (e.g., if use only memory or or write down etc.) about this subject.
Attachments
Screenshot.png
(154.77 KiB) Not downloaded yet
PavelB
NNN member

Re: Counting the utilities and order of the enemy team

Post by PavelB »

lol FaD #2
PavelB
NNN member

Post by PavelB »

As for me, I rely on my memory.... I only count ropes & ws
Albus

Post by Albus »

PavelB wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 1:48 pmlol FaD #2
Yes, because of the name of the worms in sequence :lol: (I wish it were for the skills :mrgreen:) his team in the final against chuvash made me stop worrying about creating new teams. FaD was exceptional. It would be nice to see him again here playing league.
PavelB wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 1:54 pmAs for me, I rely on my memory.... I only count ropes & ws
I wish I could keep everything in memory. It would be much more practical. But I can't :|
So you don't count parachute and bunguee? This can make a lot of difference, especially in sudden death.
PavelB
NNN member

Post by PavelB »

I called you FaD#2 because he also record the opponent's Arsenal in the chat, it was not professional.

"So you don't count parachute and bunguee?"

No.
Korydex

Post by Korydex »

I think it's ok to take notes on paper or in the chat (you can private message yourself and continue chatting).
Albus

Post by Albus »

PavelB wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 2:11 pm I called you FaD#2 because he also record the opponent's Arsenal in the chat, it was not professional.
Really!? :lol: Very interesting!
PavelB
NNN member

Post by PavelB »

Albus wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 3:31 pm
PavelB wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 2:11 pm I called you FaD#2 because he also record the opponent's Arsenal in the chat, it was not professional.
Really!? :lol: Very interesting!
that was years ago, he got rid of this habit :)
Albus

Post by Albus »

PavelB wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 3:52 pm that was years ago, he got rid of this habit :)
So, at the time of the final against chuvash, maybe he was no longer taking notes in the chat. Well, ropes and WS I can keep. But also remembering parachute, bunguee, LG, JP, special weapons, teleport, all of this together, I find it difficult. If I try to remember all of that, I ended up being distracted from other things in the game.
Dario
NNN member

Post by Dario »

Oh Albus, I like you, you are one curious wormer.
Less tactical players can benefit from changing their team often. Since they don't really use their own team order to its full potential, then why let the enemy do it?. It's kind of a cheap move, but, whatever.
More tactical players (me for example) get more from using always the same team. You not only "know" your worms order, your hands know it too, your subconscious knows it too: you can fast-tab to the worm you want without even thinking about it, you can select the correct worm so that three turns later it will be the turn of a specific worm without thinking about it.
Taking notes is alright, ropes and ws are the basics and hardest to keep track of, the rest are rather easy to remember.
Albus

Post by Albus »

It is amazing that you came to talk about it. I was extremely curious to know what players like you, Mablak and Chuvash thought about it. But as I have no proximity to any of you guys, I could only imagine. But out of nowhere you show up to talk about it. What a coincidence. The reasons you gave were the ones I imagined. Btw... coincidentally I was watching a replay of you against chuvash yesterday and I found it amazing how quickly you used WS. As you said... this is one of the benefits of always playing with the same team.

About taking notes... this is something I want to get rid of, as I would feel so much more free and independent. I feel that the notes are like a crutch for me. I want to be just me and the game, nothing more. But for now, I still need the notes. I think it's because I'm a little distracted person :D, so I easily forget if I don't write it down.
Perdunok

Post by Perdunok »

This is my weak spot. If I count the opponent's Arsenal, I won't have time to think about my move.
Perdunok

Post by Perdunok »

Although this is very important.
Korydex

Post by Korydex »

Don't forget that Johnmir didn't count it either to stay fully focused.