Guess the move contest: discussion

Missions designed to help players gain skills that will be, sooner or later, useful during a normal match.
Dario
NNN member

Post by Dario »

You didn't guess how I killed them and you changed the power of the weapons :roll: .
As Antares said, you don't have to make the move, you just have to guess how I did it.
Last edited by Dario on Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Zemke
NNN member

Post by Zemke »

this still has given me much fun and conctancy, and now i finally noticed that i'm using the wrong scheme to train... and that over years, thank you.

EDIT: over months*
Dario
NNN member

Post by Dario »

Don't give up! you can keep trying. So far this is just for fun and to see how it works out.
Antares
NNN member

Post by Antares »

Why did you change power of the weapons? :o

Daz, you meant that you didn't use special weapon, or what kind?

They could have been killed with kami in the same position from which Pink droped the dyna. :S
Even my clock at morning sounds ''tac-tic'' instead of ''tic-tac''.
Kayz
NNN member

Post by Kayz »

I think if you activate the mine over Hash, he falls down to the other mine, then piling with Wizz. But then dealing 75 with dyna might be hard + exact pile.
[FaD] im pro jumper
[lNNNxDario] i see
Dario
NNN member

Post by Dario »

I think it's more fun without being able to try things on the map :P, let's see what Antares thinks about it.
Just in case, here it goes.

Anyway: no, try again!

Need another clue?
No dyna nor sheep.
Attachments
guess 2.rar
(115 Bytes) Downloaded 232 times
Dario
NNN member

Post by Dario »

Antares wrote:The idea ... at least the way i imagined and came up with the contest, was to, as i already sayed, give a chance to a non skilled wormer ( or a non skilled wormer with potential regarding planing, thinking, creating).
I guess that part is well covered. A situation, and objective and players have to find out all the possible solutions (or at least the one used in the replay) without actually having to perform the moves.
Antares wrote:The other was to bring NNN skills to another level. I mean thinking and anticipating how a certain player will play. And here i mean also the fact that adapting your playing style to opponent style can be only if you know how the player thinks. I hope we will have soon case studies of how a wormer got into a situation and how he can solve it. For example, a prt screen of khamski missing a shotgun and has to kill 2 worms with one shot :P ... i mean real case studies from NNNL and other competitions.
I know what you are talking about but I don't know exactly what you want, because khamski's example is (in the way I see it) exactly like the moves I've posted. Unless you mean doing exactly what we are doing, just using replays from league games instead (that would mean decreasing a lot the creativity in the moves posted).
Antares
NNN member

Post by Antares »

Ye, you're right about using replays from league. I just wanted to put accent on real situations, things that happened in a ''tense'' evironment, and how can they be solved. That's what i meant with ''case study''. Not only moves, but : ''how can you win this game'', ''what is to be done in the next 3-4 moves in corelation to what the opponent can do''.

And if we speak for the moment, the way the idea is implemented now, i think it's ok. We can add trivia like ''how you think it's posible to kill this worm'', i am sure you have inovative and creative ways of doing a kill/plop. There are many posibilities but i think, before a brainstorming, we should stick to what we have now, i mean the ''what do you think this player did'' situation.
Dario
NNN member

Post by Dario »

Ok, I understand now. Yes I think that maybe we can find some league games for "what should you do in the next 3-4 turns to win this game" trainings.

No new ideas about how to kill those two worms? Another clue:
I used blowtorch.

Now it can't be hard to see what I did!
Antares
NNN member

Post by Antares »

How can i open the atachment (after unpacking of course)? It has .lev extension.
Dario
NNN member

Post by Dario »

.lev , .bit and .png are used as maps by W:A, all of them go into the user/saved levels folder.
Dario
NNN member

Post by Dario »

Still nothing? ok
I knocked Hash down to the left side of the mine, the explosion piled him closer to Wizz, another rope and I knocked them next to the wall, torched them into the land below the mine that was close to the barrel. In the image of the next move you can see the torch hole ;) .

Next one, from the same game:

Kill the 3 blue worms without using rope, jet pack or low gravity.
Attachments
3.png
(84.75 KiB) Downloaded 32 times
Koras
NNN member

Post by Koras »

Kill the 3 blue worms without using rope, jet pack or low gravity.
no idea :)
I can kill them all(+ mine worm) .... just need armageddon.
Bangue knock looks possible(knock Chaz) and then bow 8)

but lol sicne U wrote 'I used blowtorch' it was obvious what U did :)
I was thinking its end of this challange :oops: Probably because I was drunk when read it.. nevermind.
Kayz
NNN member

Post by Kayz »

Koras' idea is good, but bungee doesn't open on the right edge, you would need blue wind and chute, to go higher, (you said no rope and jetpack). If you got blue wind, you can chute up there, bungee knock, and bow both.

It's possible to enter jump from "Chaz'" position to the right to kill Weed after.

So you used chute, bungee, and bow.
Dario
NNN member

Post by Dario »

Kayz: you can see in the image that wind is red ^^.

Anyway Koras guessed first :P.
Attachments
2 and 3 - playback at 2'10 and 7'00.WAgame
(57.75 KiB) Downloaded 225 times