Tech win against "avoiders"?

Discussion and information related to the open Intermediate league

You would like the idea of tech win against avoiders?

1) yes
67%
2) no
33%

Total votes: 3

Albus

Tech win against "avoiders"?

Post by Albus »

I understand the side of those who are concerned about not playing a certain moment against someone in order not to risk a good position in the ranking. But if we put it on the balance: on the one hand, league activity, on the other, medals etc., which weighs more?
I think we should think think about the league as a whole. One of the factors that keep players away is not having people to play against. That's why I think we should always make ourselves more available to everybody.

My sugestion:

If you challenge someone to ONL and the person rejects to play against you, you have the right to say that you want to be that person's next opponent. And if that person play with someone else before you, you could register tech win.

It's just a suggestion. Anyone in favor of tech win against avoiders make a vote in the poll above or can also make an alternative suggestion.

Another idea would be create a new text channel on ONL discord for schedule games. If a player refuse to schedule a game against you, or if he doesn't show up to play in the day and time that was choose, you also can report tech win.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Similar rule on TUS:

Avoiding a player/clan is not allowed. Avoiding is when you look for TUS but refuse to play against a specific opponent and keep looking.
If a player is looking for TUS but avoids you, you can post the logs or screenshots to leagues complaint forum and ask for permission to report a free win. If mods agree, you can report a free win and the opponent has one week to play the game. Players must arrange the game in the game/complaint thread.

I don't like so much this idea because requires you to spend more time online to see that person you want to play looking for a game.
I like the idea more of sending a message on discord or AG, saying that you want to play. If that person doesn't set any date to play, and also doesn't guarantee that when play you'll be their next opponent (and play with someone else later), you would be entitled to a tech win, as this for me will be an avoid.
KinslayeR

Re: Tech win against "avoiders"?

Post by KinslayeR »

I agree, but it will not work, even if u screenshot, and u show the proove, there will be nothing more than "cry battle" here, and if u really want report free win, what I think is very lame, then propably more games would be "free reported" than normal fight games.. I already started play again from maybe 4 days and I already found like 10 avoid situations, just like: "omg cant play now, I am totally drunk" - 5 minutes later he/she plays with another player, or "sorry cant now somoene is coming to my house" - 3 minutes later, he host onl :D or "sorry I only now play with SPECIFIC ppl, u are not one of them" which u can read like" sr I am pussy i have good position in rank and dont want be worse".. I will not say nicknames, but this is how it is.
As long as there will be rank, playoffs , there will not be help on that.
Especially here, where ppl' brain use to be more "tactic" than in tus or any other league, things are just like that, and we have to live with that
Albus

Post by Albus »

KinslayeR wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 9:11 am and if u really want report free win, what I think is very lame
I think it depends on your motivation. If it's just for the league points, I think it's lame too. But if the motivation is for the good of the league and fighting avoiders, then that's a "necessary evil".

I understand your arguments. But, what you think about a text channel in ONL discord or here on website for schedule games? If the person refuse to schedule or doesn't show up on the day (or in two attempts of schedule), you can report free win as this person is avoiding you.
KinslayeR

Post by KinslayeR »

The good thing could be "blind date". Player who is willing to play goes to special channel on dsc, but this channel will not show his nickname (or wait: we can actually change nicknames on specific dsc channels so in this case we could rename for "player1" player2" etc. )
And then when there are 2 players, they just give their nicknames and goes play. And if someone will not play, that could be enough reason to give free win
Albus

Post by Albus »

KinslayeR wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 9:26 am The good thing could be "blind date". Player who is willing to play goes to special channel on dsc, but this channel will not show his nickname (or wait: we can actually change nicknames on specific dsc channels so in this case we could rename for "player1" player2" etc. )
And then when there are 2 players, they just give their nicknames and goes play. And if someone will not play, that could be enough reason to give free win
Or create an ALIAS and go to AG. If the person agree to play, you reveal your name before, something like that: ah wait... btw, i'm Albus :D. Then, if the person says doesn't wanna play anymore... well... if this is not avoid I don't know what is avoid.
Rafka
NNN member

Post by Rafka »

I agree but there should be a limit - I mean if players didn't play together at all in the season or played just once, then yea. But for example they played more games or many games, there shouldnt be a rule that forcing someone to play AGAIN and AGAIN with the same opponent, just because someone wants to. The freedom of choice must be remained - my opinion ;]
Albus

Post by Albus »

Yes. I agree. There should be a limit. I would say that claim for 10 games against same person is fine. We must remember that activity sometimes is not so big so we are "forced" to play against same people sometimes.
KinslayeR

Post by KinslayeR »

what are u talking about? there are maybe 5-6 active players left and u wanna put limit on them? I thought we are searching for banish avoiders solution not to get league totally dead...
Albus

Post by Albus »

KinslayeR wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 10:53 am what are u talking about? there are maybe 5-6 active players left and u wanna put limit on them? I thought we are searching for banish avoiders solution not to get league totally dead...
Agree kin.
Well... I'll use ALIAS on AG but i'll reveal myself before game starts. If the person refuse to play just because know my real nickname this is avoid right?
On second tought, in a league with not such a good activity atm, we shoudln't think in ammount of games played against each player.
Rafka
NNN member

Post by Rafka »

KinslayeR wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 10:53 am what are u talking about? there are maybe 5-6 active players left and u wanna put limit on them? I thought we are searching for banish avoiders solution not to get league totally dead...
5-6 active players? Cmon man, count again...;]
KinslayeR

Post by KinslayeR »

It depends what u mean active rafka?
But table doesnt lie:
chuvash,albus,,diego,master, psykologi, Silaneom thats 6 and maybe me
You are not on that list coz whenever I ask You, YOu know what happens..
Also players like u who played around 20 games in season I dont count as active, coz playing 20 games on 90 days is not really active.
It makes like 1 game per 5 days, for me it is actually "dying" than "active" :)
Rafka
NNN member

Post by Rafka »

I understand active as playing from time to time minimum ;p so its a subjective thing ;]
Rafka
NNN member

Post by Rafka »

Albus wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 8:55 am Yes. I agree. There should be a limit. I would say that claim for 10 games against same person is fine. We must remember that activity sometimes is not so big so we are "forced" to play against same people sometimes.
10 is to much for players less active (dont wanna play much or dont have time) .... U are the most active player so for U maybe it's normal number ;P
Wanna see many tech wins? I don't. I don't wanna see any of tech wins, but I'm pretty sure some gonna be ;] It would ruin table in terms of objectivity in my opinion.