wkWormOrder!

Discussion and information related to the open Intermediate league
Kayz
NNN member

Re: wkWormOrder!

Post by Kayz »

Personally I don't care, if you know my order or if you use empty space names. It's not that important anyway. Just please don't ban wormkit modules. I wouldn't play this game without wkRemapKeys.
[FaD] im pro jumper
[lNNNxDario] i see
Rudolf289

Post by Rudolf289 »

Albus wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 4:24 pm The ban only reaches people who, like me, publicly say that uses it. The real cheaters, who use it in secret, will continue using it and other private modules or programs that we can't even know if exist, until, god knows when, there is an effective way to detect cheaters in the game.
Then keep using whatever modules you like until Anti-Cheat is made.

Regarding wkWormOrder, there is 1 variable in source code that can be changed and turn order of all worms will be shown by default. Without any messages in chat obviously. In addition to that it's possible to remove features, rename variables, rename the module itself. This game is a gold mine for cheaters.
Albus

Post by Albus »

Rudolf289 wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 4:49 pm
Albus wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 4:24 pm The ban only reaches people who, like me, publicly say that uses it. The real cheaters, who use it in secret, will continue using it and other private modules or programs that we can't even know if exist, until, god knows when, there is an effective way to detect cheaters in the game.
Then keep using whatever modules you like until Anti-Cheat is made.

Regarding wkWormOrder, there is 1 variable in source code that can be changed and turn order of all worms will be shown by default. Without any messages in chat obviously. In addition to that it's possible to remove features, rename variables, rename the module itself. This game is a gold mine for cheaters.
Maybe there was a similar private module even before that module went public. I gave several reasons for creating the module, and one of them was this: since it's so easy to get the order of the enemy team (via the replay file etc.), there should be a module to make this everyone's right and for anyone who wants to use.
Rafka
NNN member

Post by Rafka »

Well in my opinion in leagues/tourneys any "helping" modules should be banned, but wormkit itself is useful only for hosting game, isn't it?:>
Albus

Post by Albus »

After all, Is it allowed to use wkwormorder to see my team's sequence? Please don't make me have to stop and memorize a new team sequence every time I create a new team. This is tedious and a waste of life time.
Also, if both players agree, they can use the /order command or, if my opponent doesn't have the module, I use it and put the sequence of my worms beside the name (name+1, name+2 etc.)?
Zemke
NNN member

Post by Zemke »

Is usage of any WormKit module detectable?
Albus

Post by Albus »

Zemke wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 10:11 am Is usage of any WormKit module detectable?
nizikawa — 11/13/2021
Hi. Most cheats rely on enabling replay mode in live games
so you can see more information in live games - team ammo, team chat, extended timer, weapon/mine fuses, crate contents
with some further tinkering you can see private chat, invisible worms
and all of this is undetectable
creating those cheats requires basic reverse engineering skills

PS: although nizikawa is an excellent programmer, this is his opinion, which, in a way, answers Zemke's question.