TerRoR leaves league for a while

News, links, downloads and important information that everybody should read
TerRoR
NNN member

TerRoR leaves league for a while

Post by TerRoR »

Hello everyone,

I just wanted to say that i left league for now because i cannot deal with the "league stress" anymore. I notice im taking this way to serious, and i hate myself for that, but i cannot change who i am. Im sick and tired of being stressed all day afther i lose i league match. Please dont reply with comments like ;"then just dont take it so serious". I got my reason, and for me it was important to do this, and for you guys it may look like a bad reason. But come on, u can tell me that its not "healthy" to take a game this serious as i do, and having to be stressed all day. This league made me play pure for stats and points, wich i dont want anymore. I want worms to be fun, just fun, and nothing but fun again. My leaving is not permanent, i will play much funners, and practice hard, but in "non-stress-mode". I will come back to league, when i am not so unstable anymore. So please help me on this one and ask me for funners in #AG and Msn :)

Cya around mates :D
Rafka
NNN member

Post by Rafka »

I just want to say that I understand Terrors point of view cause Im taking maybe little to serious too and I feel stress, but I talk with Him about it and He will be still in the rank but he WONT PLAY FOR A WHILE, so PLZ DONT ASK HIM about any games. I think He played and won a lot of games, Hes on the top, so those games and place should be noticed.
Terror agree on staying in ranking so other peoples points wont be effected, thats why Im thankfull :)
Antares
NNN member

Post by Antares »

I hope our last game wasn't the trigger for this action... Cuz you were pretty annoyed, quit right after gg ... though we speaked before about losing and...

Anyway i preffer your atitude of leaving when you feel this is getting out of control... i hope all other players do the same before this league starts to become an incomfortable place...
Even my clock at morning sounds ''tac-tic'' instead of ''tic-tac''.
khamski

Post by khamski »

Oh come on! Don't take it so serious! ;)))
Joke , mate

I get this all very serious. And i turn into raging bull (or raging hippo)) )after a lose.
I am pretty sure 90% of players here are like that. (by 10% i mean Antares of course)

And i say...

It is not bad , mate

We turning into professionals here :)

The fact that tennis players are get payed for their wins and we don't doesn't mean we can't take it all serious.

Winning in nnnl competition cant be gained with "fun attitude"... Not anymore.

This competition became PROFESSIONAL.
Especialy after Kilo and Daz finally managed to create a pro wormers portal.

It is serious. For me worms are not pure fun anymore. It is MORE then that! :)

So no need to be ashamed of wanting to be the best.

It is cool!

We all gotta get rid of this "amateur attitude"

Just my opinion though

P.S. And about the stress. Yep sometimes it is very uneasy. But as they say... no pain no gain! So waiting you back in league clashes, mate! And now... how about some funner? :))
Antares
NNN member

Post by Antares »

Why i sense some irony in the ''by 10% i mean Antares of course'' statement?

First of all i agree with players like Terror and Khams, in the way that i understand how and why they feel like this.

I never sayed i like loosing but as i mentioned before, i don't mind it either especially when playing and losing with a NNN mate or a NNNL player i like and respect.
I don't like losing an outsider ... this is true!

After all that has happened in last days/weeks ( not all written here on forum ) maybe i will quit this league too :P ... and now i must say i understand Bytor in some way (he sayed he has nothing to prove, that's why he doesen't play competitions).
TerRoR
NNN member

Post by TerRoR »

your game wasnt the trigger mate, it was not a matter of 1 game ;)

@khams call me on msn for the funner or i call u :)
Dario
NNN member

Post by Dario »

"I have nothing to prove" is like the worst excuse I've ever heard for not playing in competitions (btw, CWT is a competition). A competition is not necessarily for people who want to prove something, I play because it's the only way to get hard games and knowing that a loss will be shown there for a long time is the only thing that sometimes motivates me not to fool around the whole game.

I really think that Bytor's I spend a lot of time hosting games for random people and insulting noobs with the hope that sooner or later a good player will join and I will have a great game attitude is just not compatible with the I don't play competitions (except CWT) because I have nothing to prove speech.
Finding other good players is the point of this competition in a wormnet where 90% of the players are so below our level in Intermediate, that hosting random games means nothing but complete frustration. Rejecting a competition under a "I have nothing to prove" argument when it is so damn obvious that you love playing hard games makes no sense to me.
Antares
NNN member

Post by Antares »

Corect! Agree 100%
Rafka
NNN member

Post by Rafka »

You see, we understand each other :D
Dario
NNN member

Post by Dario »

Back to the topic:
I just added Terror back in the ranking because the games he won and lost affect the points of everybody in it. Removal from the ranking only happens after 60 days of inactivity.
If in the end Terror does not want to take part in the playoffs, the 9th in the ranking will instead of him.
TerRoR
NNN member

Post by TerRoR »

agreed.
Wriggler
NNN member

Post by Wriggler »

Terror, you'll be back once you get your head sorted. Now I see why some people call you Pampers, lol. ;)
Dario wrote:Rejecting a competition under a "I have nothing to prove" argument when it is so damn obvious that you love playing hard games makes no sense to me.
I think Bytor likes playing hard games if you play his way - that is, fast games on open maps with lots of plops. He has white flagged and khami'd if he is losing against me, since I play a more 'tactical' style or he says "if winning is that important to you..." or "this is boring" etc. But if I play open and aggressive and fast he appreciates the challenge... simple fact is I think he has more fun playing random games in AG (pwning noobs and telling them how pathetic they are) than playing challenging (sometimes boring) tactical matches. I mean, sometimes it is fun to whoop noob-ass, right? :)
Rafka
NNN member

Post by Rafka »

Wriggler wrote:Terror, you'll be back once you get your head sorted. Now I see why some people call you Pampers, lol. ;)
Pampers lol, who's idea was that? :D
Ramone

Post by Ramone »

khamski wrote: I get this all very serious. And i turn into raging bull (or raging hippo)) )after a lose.
I am pretty sure 90% of players here are like that. (by 10% i mean Antares of course)
Count me into that 10% (tho I think there's more..) players that ain't got nothing to prove, just playing cause cool players are here and play for fun..

:wink:
Antares
NNN member

Post by Antares »

@Wrig: I can't find any pleasure in playing a noob... but i guess it's understandable with my playing style and the less lightside skill :/

Pampers? WTF? I actually saw Koras hosting a game called this way but he does unusual things all the time so didn't took it into consideration :P

@Ramone: GJ! And GG cuz you sometimes are a bit too relaxed in league, as i remember spectacting one of your games recently :P
I guess you are in the other extreme :)