Everything related to the site

News, links, downloads and important information that everybody should read
khamski

Post by khamski »

Kilo: my bad :) can you mail or msn me my login and pass again?
Ramone

Post by Ramone »

I can't validate my game against Ukrop, I get this ---> Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ',' in /mnt/local/home/mms_kilobyte/kb.sinpiso.com/code/confirmagame.php on line 23

Edit: it's ok, I did it few hours later, strange thing...

Edit #2: hmmm, something strange is happening, now I can't see ranks, I see this ---> Fatal error: Call to undefined function score() in /mnt/local/home/mms_kilobyte/kb.sinpiso.com/code/mainclass/league_functions.php on line 293
Dario
NNN member

Post by Dario »

You probably tried to validate the game when kilobyte was working on the page then :). Good it hear it is working now.
Wriggler
NNN member

Post by Wriggler »

Ramone wrote:
Edit #2: hmmm, something strange is happening, now I can't see ranks, I see this ---> Fatal error: Call to undefined function score() in /mnt/local/home/mms_kilobyte/kb.sinpiso.com/code/mainclass/league_functions.php on line 293
yep. Kilo's prolly working on something
Kilobyte
NNN member

Post by Kilobyte »

fixed, you loaded that page at the very moment when it was uploading. The 2nd one was my fault, corrected
"Unique: if we dont know him he's a noob. Well, if I dont know some1 I know he's noob"
Joschi

Post by Joschi »

now this error message appears, loding main site:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ',' in /mnt/local/home/mms_kilobyte/kb.sinpiso.com/code/mainclass/season_functions.php on line 11
Joschi

Post by Joschi »

When I try to validate game vs master I got this error message:

Fatal error: Function name must be a string in /mnt/local/home/mms_kilobyte/kb.sinpiso.com/code/confirmagame.php on line 23
Rafka
NNN member

Post by Rafka »

hehe Joschi reports about all errors one by one very clearly :P ... even before they appears :D vgj! :)
Kilobyte
NNN member

Post by Kilobyte »

Koras raised an issue: if somebody's activity becomes "very poor", he should go to the end of the rankings, regardless of his points (but he would still keep his point). What do you think? As I remembered well, it happened with our old ranking too.

hmm maybe this thread should be converted to "sticky"
"Unique: if we dont know him he's a noob. Well, if I dont know some1 I know he's noob"
Koras
NNN member

Post by Koras »

ye but Dario explained me that a bit.... now unactive players will be 'removed' (they can back when they want) from league when seasone ends.
Dario
NNN member

Post by Dario »

Talking with kilobyte some time before we got to this:
60 days without playing a game and you are temporarily removed from the ranking.
I think it is good if someone can keep his ranking even if he couldn't play for a month. After all that is the whole point of a system that doesn't reward activity too much: you can be inactive, but if you already proved to be good during that season you deserve to keep your ranking. Just a thought.
Zemke
NNN member

Post by Zemke »

the newcomers page seems very old for me and it is the opposite from almost all i see here in the league (nice systems etc) so it's an quite easy thing to change this, i coded a approximate example:

www.PiNK-web.npage.de -> NNN league formular

i can change every field you wish, the things the joiner writes there will transmitted to a selected e-mail
Kilobyte
NNN member

Post by Kilobyte »

PiNK wrote:the things the joiner writes there will transmitted to a selected e-mail
and then I will put them to the forum instead of him?! :D:D

technically yes, it works somehow like this at better places, but imagine how many user would register who may never play, or only once in a year, or register just to be here. Those users only overloads the system. If you don't believe me, just check the users of forum, and the last log fields. And you know, those system has email activation algorithm (creates a key which works for only 24 hours) what isn't easy to code. :wink:
Zemke
NNN member

Post by Zemke »

i don't know what you mean, also in forum can you register even if you might don't play any league game, coding shouldn't be a problem for us/you... of course it isn't easy but possible i guess this formulars are not really difficult to code... depends on what you wanna have in this formulars maybe data uploads or something

of course you could put him in the forum by yourself but it isn't good i understand hehe. but why is a registration on the forum necessary? Dario meantioned once that guests can read the posts here, means we could code 'a small box' where joiner have to confirm that they read rules and know how to play and all this things which are necessary to join the league exemplary. when i take a look to the players i think not more than 50% watch out the things in this forum :)
Dario
NNN member

Post by Dario »

Forum works as a filter, it keeps outside dozens of players that would only register to play 2 games. If we have some like that now, just imagine how much worse it can get with such an impersonal registration as a form. Such players ruin the page by adding games that mean nothing, adding empty lines in the game details and also contribute to turn this community-league into a robot-league where the players just go online, play a game as if they were playing against a computer team, and leave.
Also the forum works encouraging a bit the community attitude. You come here, make your post, read other people welcome you and might talk you about something. While you write your newcomers post and read the replies there is a chance that you might read something else in the forum, see that we have a knowledge base where people upload interesting things, see that we have tournaments and other events.