NNN member

Re: Everything related to the site

Post by Zemke »

Thanks, we’re trying, I guess…
Kilobyte
NNN member

Post by Kilobyte »

from now on, on Discord: whenever a new "new" is being sent to NNN site, on a new channel #news it will appear. In general, it's easy to make a BOT which announces whenever something happens on the site (new games, for example). I accept more ideas!
"Unique: if we dont know him he's a noob. Well, if I dont know some1 I know he's noob"
PavelB
NNN member

Post by PavelB »

concentration on discord can negatively affect the site.
Kilobyte
NNN member

Post by Kilobyte »

PavelB wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:20 pm concentration on discord can negatively affect the site.
namely? There won't be much integration (I hope that Discord-box at the right wont be distracting)
"Unique: if we dont know him he's a noob. Well, if I dont know some1 I know he's noob"
Komito

Post by Komito »

PavelB wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:20 pm concentration on discord can negatively affect the site.
My personal experience feels like since the creation of the ONL Discord, players from around the world have came together and everything feels more organized, like a helpful community of friendly people, the activity is popping off. Around the clock 24/7 as well!

I fail to see what negative impact it could have, there is way more activity due to being able to plan games there and Discord seems ever more so the future of organizing competitive games in WA.

What exactly were you thinking would be negative? I am quite curious about that.
PavelB
NNN member

Post by PavelB »

I will try to express my idea (but Google translate it may discord it a little) I like our site, we have a large forum here, and instead of keeping active here we went into discord, at such a rate this site will soon die.
Albus

Post by Albus »

Komito wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:47 pm
I fail to see what negative impact it could have, there is way more activity due to being able to plan games there and Discord seems ever more so the future of organizing competitive games in WA.
Yes. I also cannot see any negative effects. Discord facilitates interaction, and I believe it has helped and will continue to help increase activity in the league. And I believe that if you guys decide to make the BOT also announce the results of the matches, it will make things even more fun.
Komito

Post by Komito »

PavelB wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:09 pm I will try to express my idea (but Google translate it may discord it a little) I like our site, we have a large forum here, and instead of keeping active here we went into discord, at such a rate this site will soon die.
That is not how it works, Discord is not a replacement, it is more like an extension, it is an addition. This site will always exist because of the features you cannot replace with Discord.

I get the feeling you simply do not like Discord, which is your choice and nobody will argue it.

Maybe, write down all your concerns and maybe we can talk it over and relieve you of any doubt?
Rafka
NNN member

Post by Rafka »

I like that Kilo, gj :)