Avoiding?

News, links, downloads and important information that everybody should read
Kayz
NNN member

Re: Avoiding?

Post by Kayz »

In all those years I played under this system, I never saw any unfair rankings. Never. If activity counted too much, Jellenio would be the king of onl, but he didn't play well enough to get to this place.

The balance between activity and skill is very important imo, we don't want another TUS point system, where people can beat the same noob 15-0 and get a lot of points for this shit...

The point you made is invalid, ves.
You know the system is dynamic, so you know it's good to win for example chuvash 2-0. It doesn't matter if you beat him 2-0 in the 1st or last day, if you do, you might only get 0.1 points in the 1st day, but this game might be worth 20-50 points in the end, because its worth changes CONSTANTLY with every played game, involving chuvash and you directly or indirectly.
[FaD] im pro jumper
[lNNNxDario] i see
Piki1802

Post by Piki1802 »

Kayz wrote:In all those years I played under this system, I never saw any unfair rankings. Never.
I only said it feels unfair, never said it were unfair in that particular post

Do I have to close it or ask mods or what? The only thing that can come up now is useless drama...
Kayz
NNN member

Post by Kayz »

Where is a drama? I only see a discussion.

I just wanna see valid points from anyone to come up with a change for the system, so long all suggestions were impossible / bad (like Extra points). Read kukumber's first post again, then you'll see why activity is not everything. I wanna see your rematch vs John btw :D
[FaD] im pro jumper
[lNNNxDario] i see
Hwoarang CS

Post by Hwoarang CS »

Put on vote who think system is bad or not bad!!!!
Piki1802

Post by Piki1802 »

Kayz wrote:Where is a drama? I only see a discussion.

I just wanna see valid points from anyone to come up with a change for the system, so long all suggestions were impossible / bad (like Extra points). Read kukumber's first post again, then you'll see why activity is not everything. I wanna see your rematch vs John btw :D
Sorry mixed up TUS people and ONL people hehe.

Well I'm out of ideas, and I have to agree with the system, because the flaws seem just minimum. The thing is that you gotta be carefull in the system, an unlucky day can mess with your points easily if you play against a pro :)

Again, I'm out of ideas, I may come with some but hero Kayz will save the system;D

And those who still think the system ducks, well come with ideas I'd say, come up with them but not even one got seriously considered :P
Hwoarang CS

Post by Hwoarang CS »

[quote="Kayz"]I always try to play more than one game vs the same opponent, but still, it's not the system's fault if one player chooses to avoid others. HwoarangCS, you only say the system sucks, but you haven't shown one argument I couldn't nullify :)

Because system allows to someone getting points for other people's victory and why he to play, because player in this league start to be inactive he don't play but getting points :) i want more, more, more and more active player :) not 10 players i want 50 :D
Hwoarang CS

Post by Hwoarang CS »

After that system will not be a problem but now it is :( i in last 30 games stop tu getting points for my wins because i play to much with them and what i can to do now ????? wait new season but i want to play :)
Kayz
NNN member

Post by Kayz »

Sorry to say this Hwoarang, but if you don't win games vs chuvash, Johnmir or me in these last 7 days, your season is over right now. you'd need rematches, or play chuvash.
Hwoarang CS wrote:and what i can to do now ?????
If you play chuvash and win 2-0, you'd be 2nd place :)

No, it won't make sense still, if you, Hwoarang, beat me 6-0 in one season, and i get behind you, I deserved it, or not? As for now you deserved to be behind Johnmir, chuvash and me, because we have better results than you in the top player matches. That's a fact, though you have more won games than all of us, you still lost more games than Johnmir won.
[FaD] im pro jumper
[lNNNxDario] i see
Hwoarang CS

Post by Hwoarang CS »

Put on vote?
Master
NNN member

Post by Master »

well, i was 1 of the most active players on ONL league, now i dont play it for some easy reason:

I remember for play a ONL i had to ask for not less than 1 hour for play it, and who i find? Viks or Boolc, 2 good player/friend, they dont care about points ecc...they want to play!! and not like some guy that say " omg bro we played 6 times in this season" ahahahah yes.. because you're in playoff and you're scared to lose points.. i just can say: ok man np we play if i win i dont report... i did it sometimes in this season because i couldn't open website, and when i wanted report it was too late..

I love to play ONL, but i dislike to waste time for play, so now i play only TEL.

i hope you'll change your mind and this system points, because a lot guys and not only john avoid to play.. YOU ALL do it.
Hwoarang CS

Post by Hwoarang CS »

I sayed that today bro :) :) :) and yes we played this season 6 times you win 3 i win 3 and why to play more, because we stop to getting points for our game ( because system is bad) and i will join you in TEL :) And you can take my place in PO because i stop to play it!!! Pls change me with master in PO!!!!
Last edited by Hwoarang CS on Sun Jun 22, 2014 11:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Hwoarang CS

Post by Hwoarang CS »

I dont want PO or 1 place i only want better system point for all player not only for me... and if i can not get it i stop to playing it very simple....
kukumber
NNN member

Post by kukumber »

Hwoarang, why can't you just understand, that points are not static, it means they can change over time due to changing of other players' round ratio. You tell you understand it, but you keep complaining you lose points (though you hardly complain when you earn some without playing). Winning five games versus someone of top ranking is obviously more valuable than winning 100 games vs people in low rank. You can't advance over someone unless you win him or other player higher that one. You will surely be able to keep up by playing versus everyone else below, but you can't be on top without winning top players. That is the thing system perfectly solves.

Points are nothing, it's just a measure of your current performance. Improve your performance and lose less rounds, then you're on top. What system counts is your round ratio agains all other players that's pretty much it.

For now you've been just calling system bad cause your points are not static when you don't play, even though it is desined to be like this. You can either earn or lose points, which depends on the change of ratio of players you've already played with. And please, if you again want to say system is bad, state a clear reson why you think so and how you want it to be chage, cause "ah, system sucks" lacks some constructivity, it tells nothing. And if we were to change it we would probably like to know what someone may not like and how he would want to change it.

I hope I'm quite clear with what I say. :roll:
Tade
NNN member

Post by Tade »

Cmon guys wtf, you are speaking about avoiding and how system is bad. Well for me on top of this ONL ladder are best players, they deserve to be there because they are the best. You all speak about avoiding, but i did not see Chuvash avoid someone, i did not see Kayz avoid someone. So if we are saying this because of one player( in this case John who said that he will play one game with everyone and if he had time he will play RM in 20-30 days) and he did not do that wtf? He has right to do that!!! But it is only one player.

Guys to be the best you need to win the best! That is all. If you said that is more important to win Zenico 10 times in row than one win vs chuvash you are absolutley ridiculus.

One thing Master said well: we are all sometimes avoiding someone, and i dont see why is that bad. We can say for Hyworang that he avoid chuvash because he did not play not a single game with him, and he play 116 games this season. So what? The point is if that you NEED to play chuvash to be in top 3 rank, and that is more important than rm with John.
Hwoarang CS

Post by Hwoarang CS »

Watch this if Dario came back and he beat Chu, Kayz, John, me and Viks he will be on 1 place with 5 games that is stupidly, i only want to say we have system that does not force players to play because if someone can get 1 place with 5 wins and if someone beat me he will get points for every my wins and why should he play? I think we need new system that forces players to play. Every day you have less player in league ask yourself why?
Last edited by Hwoarang CS on Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:25 am, edited 2 times in total.