Intermediate-specific movie attempt #2

News, links, downloads and important information that everybody should read
lacoste

Intermediate-specific movie attempt #2

Post by lacoste »

Hello careful minds of NNN and non-NNN. Some years ago Felo planned to do a compilation of the best intermediate plays, but he disappeared shortly after. It would be such a waste if none did this eventually, knowing theres so much stuff sticking around here on this site and hopefully in your basements. Turns out i can make one (assuming you want me to do it; if not please speak your mind), as i had it planned for quite a long time already anyway, but now im "pretty much" ready. I just talked to KRD and he agreed to be my partner in crime, helping in organising, gathering, deciding and coming up with concept(s), because as a father of mine hes good with them. Theres one catch though, id highly appreciate any help from you guys to point me in the right direction for replays, as this is the most annoying and "time wasting" part in the whole process, and we dont want anything awesome to slip through our fingers, or do we? In meantime i could focus on other things, such as doing nothing.

In short:

Replays (how good): top notch, and i know theres plenty! No restrictions where played (not necessarly limited to intermediate, has to be ground based though, similar enough to normal)
Movie lenght: 20min is a rough estimation for now before having anything.
ETA: dont know yet, hopefully by the end of March, can be much sooner or a bit later.
Music and concept: up to two of us, hope you dont mind.

As a side note, all of the plays will be carefully chosen by us and only the best ones will pass, enough of them for a lenghty, but not too lenghty compilation that keeps the pace at all times (im sure you understand that this is important). No racism intended.
Please post the replays here in whatever way you want (compressed, single, links to already uploaded replays somewhere, forum topics) just try to not use file uploaders like rapidshare.

By the way, you can check my latest solo movie if you havent yet, just so you get the idea on what the final product can be like, quality-wise.

Cheers.
Ivo
NNN member

Re: Intermediate-specific movie attempt #2

Post by Ivo »

That's awesome lacoste!
I'll check what I have here... I'm just not at the right PC atm.
The best move contest and the "Nice moves" thread are valuable resources, but I'm sure you know that.

If it's possible, I'd prefer a movie only with ONL or NNN one-evenings-tournaments.

Is KRD your father??? :D
lacoste

Post by lacoste »

Hey Ivo,
Thing is we dont want to limit the project to league only material. Obviously everything has to be played online, tho.
Also yes i do know about these resources, but still theres more that people know about.
And of course KRD is my father!
kukumber
NNN member

Post by kukumber »

I guess you don't use skype anymore :mrgreen:
kukumber
NNN member

Post by kukumber »

Wanted to make second solo movie for like half a year already, but there's just too many other things I want to spend time on. Since my movie probably won't see the release here is my stuff. Timing is marked, some moves are not that bright, some are better, pick whatever you like. Would enjoy watching the movie. :)
Attachments
kukumber's stuff.rar
(973.92 KiB) Downloaded 306 times
lacoste

Post by lacoste »

Hey son, id use some of your stuff from previous movie
kukumber
NNN member

Post by kukumber »

Here it is.
Btw, a lot of volonteers with replays, seems like I will actually have that 2nd movie of mine. :mrgreen:
Attachments
kukumber's stuff from movie.rar
(579.29 KiB) Downloaded 276 times
lacoste

Post by lacoste »

kukumber wrote: Btw, a lot of volonteers with replays, seems like I will actually have that 2nd movie of mine.
Not sure what you mean, are you actually going to use your new replays for your project?

Also, guys, can you push the info about this movie forward? There are people i dont have contact with that probably have some gems in their games folder.
kukumber
NNN member

Post by kukumber »

lacoste wrote: Not sure what you mean, are you actually going to use your new replays for your project?
Kind of referred to the fact I was the only to post the replays, nvm :)
lacoste

Post by lacoste »

Oh right, well its just 3 days since i opened the topic, but yeah, not much interest, excpected something more.
Kayz
NNN member

Post by Kayz »

Here you go :)

Most of them are with my name, but that's because I don't have a lot of replays of other players.
Attachments
Nice Moves.rar
(1.68 MiB) Downloaded 307 times
[FaD] im pro jumper
[lNNNxDario] i see
lacoste

Post by lacoste »

Kayz wrote:Here you go :)

Most of them are with my name, but that's because I don't have a lot of replays of other players.
Did you post these in "Nice moves" topic? Please let me know if all of them are there, as i will be browsing this topic anyway.

Edit: Just noticed its over 1mb..
Edit2: Whatever.. looks like its a pack from the topic?
Kayz
NNN member

Post by Kayz »

Not only that, I didn't post all moves in there, some of them are also moves people sent me, it's just my personal collection. Some of them are really badass, like the turn of SirGorash in 2006 :D
[FaD] im pro jumper
[lNNNxDario] i see
lacoste

Post by lacoste »

Allright! I definitely need his turn. Gonna check others later.

Also, are these BestMove marked replays the ones you send for contest?
Kayz
NNN member

Post by Kayz »

Yep
Ha funny, in both top moves it was Pancev I killed :D
[FaD] im pro jumper
[lNNNxDario] i see