Comprehensive trick list v0.5 by JigsaW

Replays, screenshots and anything that can help players getting better
Koras
NNN member

Comprehensive trick list v0.5 by JigsaW

Post by Koras »

Legal/useful tricks

Axe Fall Damage
Description - Dealing more damage with axe than usually, due to fall damage.
How to - When one worm stands on another one's head, it gets axtra fall damage when hit with an axe. 100hp worm loses 59 hit points. It is not likely to happen in a serious game, but when two worms (again, one on the head of another) stand on some edge in a manner that top worm will fall down when hit with an axe, the fall damage is even greater.

Axe Mastery
Description - Hitting only one of two piled worms.
How to - When enemy worm is piled with one of your own worms, and there is no way to hit enemy and avoid friendly fire - axe is the weapon of choice. Stand on the head (or edge of the head, depends on how close to each other the two worms are) of the enemy worm and use the axe. Of course, don't aim it above your own worm's head, face the other side!

Backflip Dragonball
Description
Joschi

Post by Joschi »

Someone told me, that sg suicide is also possible with 21 hp(normally with 19 hp). Unfourtunaley I cant remember who. Does some1 of you guys can imagine how its going?

It was said, thats without fall damage. Would be interesting to know about it.
Thx for answers.
Jigsaw

Post by Jigsaw »

turns out to be pretty simple to take 22 out of your own worm, have a look, first turn
Attachments
2008-01-19 22.51.00 [Offline] Wishmaster, Name.rar
(3.07 KiB) Downloaded 358 times
Joschi

Post by Joschi »

ahh:-) thx for answere;-)

some ppl told me yet, it would be impossible, so you showed me impossible things... thx
Dario
NNN member

Post by Dario »

Nothing is impossible! :P, well some things are.
Good one jigsaw.
Melon

Post by Melon »

I just thought you might be interested that the dud-mine explosion isn't random. You can read up more about it here:
http://worms2d.info/Dud_mine_explosion

Also, zook through wall should work for EVERY weapon you can fire at any angle, and I haven't yet written a page for it yet on the Worms Knowledge Base, but basically it's to do with creating the projectile far enough away from the worm so that it will never hit the worm in the frame it is created for every angle you can fire it at. A diagram would explain this better, but I haven't made one. Badically, this results in a gap of a few pixels between the worm and where the projectile is created, with the gap being larger when aiming horizontally because the worm is wider than he is tall.

Personally, I'm interested in how the game works, and the more you know, the more you can use it to your advantage.
TerRoR
NNN member

Post by TerRoR »

Omfg melon made a replie:O
Dario
NNN member

Post by Dario »

Ya, I read about the dud mine, and KRD showed a very nice replay of it.

Regards the missiles, Melon, I started doing that chapter some time ago and it just ended up being one of the several incomplete chapters I have to finish and post :P.

A very short sum up of what is done:
-That works only for F1 and excluding the sheeplauncher
-The image (note that it is a .png file)
Melon

Post by Melon »

Dario wrote:Regards the missiles, Melon, I started doing that chapter some time ago and it just ended up being one of the several incomplete chapters I have to finish and post :P.

A very short sum up of what is done:
-That works only for F1 and excluding the sheeplauncher
-The image (note that it is a .png file)
Well what do you know. I could have sworn it worked for the other weapons too. I guess it only works on the instant impact weapons. Er... except the petrol bomb, so I guess I'm wrong again.

Now I'm confused. I thought I'd got it all figured out, but apparently not. Damn you Dario for being right all the time. :evil: