Felo

New tricks, tips, etc

Post by Felo »

TRICKS, TIPS, TECHNICS, ABILITIES (watever xD) I DISCOVERED,
PROBABLY SOMEONE ALREADY KNOWS ANY OF THESE TRICKS, I REALLY DON
Attachments
New Tricks.rar
(94.21 KiB) Downloaded 399 times
The wormgod says "we must accept initial positions on every round, that's the test for you today."
Dario
NNN member

Post by Dario »

Mortar (and cluster grenade) power in the league scheme is 2, mostly because when it is 3 they work as kamikazes that cause >100 damage (8 suicide bombs that can cause >100 damage just don't make a lot of sense).

You can still do the trick with the low g (also depends on the surface the worms are standing on) with around 53 damage to the opponent and 46 for you, so it is still an option if you need to kill a 53hp worm and you have no other weapons left (similar to cluster).

About measuring distances with girders... hmm, I find it kind of lame :P, but I guess there is nothing we can do about it except not telling people that they can do it ^^ .

The rest things are cool, specially the sheep jumps, and I love the spirit of teaching things to other players, though don't teach them too much or they will start beating me more often :P.

Gj Felo.
TerRoR
NNN member

Post by TerRoR »

9 of 10 moves you shown will probally never be used in serious matches like the the sheep jumps, because ye it looks nice but the sheep can be transfered also to the places you use the jump-sheep technique for with normal jumps. what i did like was the girder messurements (dont listen to dario he is some kind of AI that knows this out his head. but then again, the messurement for jumping was lame i agree here but for stuff like blowtorch and dyna it can be quite usefull and i might use it sometimes. And like dario said before, i like your spirit teaching other players.

Keep up the work mate.
Dario
NNN member

Post by Dario »

If I see you using a girder to measure something on the screen, Crysis, I will blowtorch you to death!!! mwahahaha
Antares
NNN member

Post by Antares »

ROFL!!! :))))))))))))

GJ FELO! ;)
Even my clock at morning sounds ''tac-tic'' instead of ''tic-tac''.
TerRoR
NNN member

Post by TerRoR »

Dario wrote:If I see you using a girder to measure something on the screen, Crysis, I will blowtorch you to death!!! mwahahaha

rofl, u wouldn't :P
Antares
NNN member

Post by Antares »

Crysis wrote:u wouldn't
I wouldn't use measurement tools if i were you :P
TerRoR
NNN member

Post by TerRoR »

Ya, using girder to messure something would be kind of cheating huh like.. i dunno, using a cd case to messure something like, hmm.. a kami? xD
Antares
NNN member

Post by Antares »

I would like to see you using against Dario, only to see if he can torch you more than 3 worms in 1 round xD
TerRoR
NNN member

Post by TerRoR »

Just cheap trix, he was lucky last time (:P), such a mistake wont ever happen again.. exept those 3 times xD
Felo

Post by Felo »

hehe yeah some are lame, but i knew that before :P

wat about the mine knocking?
the "perfect targets" for homings?
and the homing bird hurting 73?

any opinion? ^^

well... thank you guys for wasted your time with this :)

there are a few more tricks i didnt post.. i will post them on the future :P

take care!! ;)
The wormgod says "we must accept initial positions on every round, that's the test for you today."
Mablak

Post by Mablak »

Yeah some good ideas in here. Nothing wrong with measuring with girders, plus it's not much more exact than good judgment, since you also have to know the center of explosion of the weapon in question, but I can imagine it would help sometimes.
Mablak

Re: New tricks, tips, etc

Post by Mablak »

This seems like a good place for minor tricks that don't really deserve a full thread. I recently noticed something about bat that might be obvious to some people: if a worm is pressed up as close as possible to a 2-pixel rise (which would cause them to bounce back if they were sliding into it), you can still bat them over it. The angle just has to be a little higher than 45 degrees.

And judging a roughly 45 degree angle is easy, just think about underlining the X in the crosshair (like this: X), and it's where the X is parallel to the ground.