Where's Mole?

Replays, screenshots and anything that can help players getting better
Ramone

Where's Mole?

Post by Ramone »

Hey I was just wondering, why Mole isn't there in inter scheme? Is there any specific reason or... someone just forgot about her? I think it could be very good and strategic weapon... I'd like to see her in inter scheme, tho I guess no one wants to change things after all these time.. so nvm..
Mole shopper any1? :lol:
Antares
NNN member

Post by Antares »

I didn't wondered cuz i was never good with moles... but the coincidence is that these days i thought about in during one game, but i can't recall why. :)
Even my clock at morning sounds ''tac-tic'' instead of ''tic-tac''.
Kayz
NNN member

Post by Kayz »

Just take it as superweapon, then you got your moles xD.
[FaD] im pro jumper
[lNNNxDario] i see
Koras
NNN member

Post by Koras »

Guys if U really love mole U can choose them as a special weapone :lol:
gl with mole I prefer my hhg 8)
Ramone

Post by Ramone »

Kayz wrote:Just take it as superweapon, then you got your moles xD.
Ooh ye, I forgot it's among superweapons... That explains...
But damn, it shouldn't be in superweaps.. :cry:
Dario
NNN member

Post by Dario »

If Moles could cause 50 damage upon explosion they could be a good team-weapon choice. But this game does not allow team-weapon power/delay/ammo edition (I mean, make a scheme where if you chose mole as team weapon you will have 3 of them with no delay and power=5).

Besides that I have thought more than once about adding 1 of them as a regular weapon, the thing is that it is an extremely powerful anti-darksiding weapon (it can dig a lot and cause about 20 damage in the same turn) that may drastically reduce the chances of darksiding your way to victory when you have a few well hidden worms.

With the ropes, jet, lowG and worm selects it is already quite hard to recover from a bad start because it gets quite easy to reach and kill your last worms. A mole would only make it even easier to reach and kill your last worm, almost like elemental :P.
If any change that alters the balance between strategy and skills is to be done, then I'd only like one that makes the game more strategical and less biased towards skills*.

*I like to separate the gameplay in two big parts:
1-Skills and mechanical tactics that don't really require thinking, just knowing that such move is good or not (mechanical tactic example: don't use a healthy worm to kill another healthy worm if that means the enemy can use a weak worm to kill your healthy worm).
2-Strategy that requires deep thinking, knowing beforehand what your opponent will do, what are you going to do in the future turns, fool your opponent so that he does not see how to kill you, make him think a move is possible while you know it isn't, abuse of his mechanical thinking and force him to make a strategical mistake.

To put numbers on it I could say that I currently use like 80% of the first and 20% of the second, with moles I would need only like 15% of the second.
Kayz
NNN member

Post by Kayz »

The creators of worms must have a thought, why they put it as superweapon. It's a very nasty weapon in the end of a game.

(Ok, I still don't know the sense of the old granny though)
[FaD] im pro jumper
[lNNNxDario] i see
Antares
NNN member

Post by Antares »

Dario wrote: If any change that alters the balance between strategy and skills is to be done, then I'd only like one that makes the game more strategical and less biased towards skills.
This is poetry, couldn't say it better myself ... :lol:
So, well sayed...
khamski

Post by khamski »

yep very nice axeplanation
Wriggler
NNN member

Post by Wriggler »

Yeah, mole would be great special weapon if it caused 50-60 dmg and you got two of them - the "darksiders pigeons"!
Dario wrote: *I like to separate the gameplay in two big parts:
1-Skills and mechanical tactics that don't really require thinking, just knowing that such move is good or not (mechanical tactic example: don't use a healthy worm to kill another healthy worm if that means the enemy can use a weak worm to kill your healthy worm).
2-Strategy that requires deep thinking, knowing beforehand what your opponent will do, what are you going to do in the future turns, fool your opponent so that he does not see how to kill you, make him think a move is possible while you know it isn't, abuse of his mechanical thinking and force him to make a strategical mistake.
That's an interesting breakdown. I don't think many people put skills and tactics together, or separate strategy from tactics (mostly because most people don't play with much strategy), but given your skill level and "engineer and statistics brain" it is probably easier for you to integrate the two.

My skill-level is pretty low, strategy is okay, but I probably win mostly because of good tactics. I love "outsmarting" more skilled opponents. I play for fun and never, ever train to improve skills. I like watching and playing with all of the highly skilled people in league though - many neat moves! Maybe you folks can teach me more skills like using homing better some day. :)
Antares
NNN member

Post by Antares »

So you ended up in my situation, Wrigg :P
Wellcome in the club :D
Dario
NNN member

Post by Dario »

I'd also put creativity together with strategy. I see skills as the tool, something you learn, but it requires creativity to see what is possible and connect a few turns (or moves in the same turn) where one move setts up the scenario so that you can perform the next one.
Same for tactics: you learn the "moves" but you have to be strategical in order to know which tactic to use and when, so that in one turn you sett up the scenario for future turns.
MrTPenguin

Post by MrTPenguin »

Interesting comments. Though I couldn't possibly supply numbers, I've always believed that normal games of worms have the best skill:strategy:luck ratio of any computer game. I know there are those in this community who would criticise the luck part, but I like it.

Another thing: bring back Mr Moley! He's a component of the game, and if he undoes the occasional attempt at darksiding, so much the better!