How would you handle this situation?

Replays, screenshots and anything that can help players getting better
Free

How would you handle this situation?

Post by Free »

Long story short: I was trying to control the top while opponent didn't have route open to my worms but he kept blocking me. I was wondering how could I have handled that situation. I had 2 worms, he had 3.

I will post a replay, and I have couple of questions. :)

1. When I have 2 worms left, and I move the one on right to help the other worm, is this good option or should I have left him further so opponent couldn't girder both?

2. How could I've won or at least gain winning advantage?

You can play this game if you want. ;)

I had Flamethrower as special btw. Opponent had Cows, as you can see.

If you don't want watch whole game, [ count ropes and so ] then start watching @ about 10 minutes.
Attachments
2009-02-28 14.00.49 [Online] @ezFree, ezKiZmAss.WAgame
(101.25 KiB) Downloaded 255 times
Wriggler
NNN member

Post by Wriggler »

These are just my opinions...I'm no expert:

Putting your two worms together can be a good strategy, but instead of wasting JP to get there, why not tele next to the strawberry above Gets Contract under the land? This saves the jetpack and protects that worm from airstrike. You then had to waste your next turn to protect your own worm with girder, and that blocked your own worms...

@9:50, you should have freed He Builds to the left with blowtorch, or at least place girder better so that both of your worms couldn't be blocked. You finally torched left and then torched right, but each of your worms could only move one direction since they were in the tunnels. Basically, you kept trapping yourself!

I wouldn't have blocked his worms either...you WANT him to come to you in that case, as it will take ropes for him to get there, and will isolate a worm each turn that you can then attack.

When it got down to 1v3, you needed to pay better attention to the worm order. Your last few turns, you went towards his next worm when you should have been going away (assuming he was out of selects, I didn't count). You blocked yourself in with petrol the first time, then lost a turn by getting burned, and then missed the next petrol.

I would have stayed up top, and thrown a petrol down towards the other two. They are then blocked, you can axe the worm up top then hide in it, then kill it the next turn. After that, it's hard to say because too much depends on what he would have done...
Free

Post by Free »

Thanks for the reply! :)