The worst starting positions!:D

Replays, screenshots and anything that can help players getting better
Koras
NNN member

Post by Koras »

I just trying to say this what U show(idea of hide 3 worms and kill 2 in 45 s:P) isnt easy for some of us(all expect U><). If I could choose I pick Kin positions for 99%^^
btw some of this hides witch U show sux :)
Sanji-sheep, rea low g+ mine 8) , and just rope knock + sg for matija.
Why U dont hide like that when U playing vs me :D (I knwo i know.. no better hides).
anyway very interesting analysis gj
Dario
NNN member

Post by Dario »

Nothing against zoky, I just don't like it when people blame it too much on luck and give up too early in the game, so I try my best to show that in most cases it is not as bad as most people think. It's funny how after so much struggling to prove starting luck is not that important my own clanmates do this against the scheme. What do you expect other people will say if they see NNN players complaining about starting luck?, I know:
OMG, noob scheme, it's all about starting luck, no skills, no strategy.

So...
Who wants to play with me? :) I'll take zoky's part to prove that his placement was not as bad as it looks, maybe he had a small disadvantage after the first turn.
Here it goes, my turn in the replay and the map is what is left after the turn (yes, no barrel and no mines, no big deal). Try to keep the turns simple and if you ever need to use one of the terrain mines, just put one :P.
Don't forget to respect worms order!!, it's the turn of Worm5 from the red team next.

Ammo used so far:
Red team: 2 ropes, 1 worm select, dyna.
Blue team: 1 chute, 2 worm selects, low gravity.

Worms energy:
blue Worm3: 24
blue Worm4: 29
red Worm 6: 95

Next worm:
red Worm5

Red team weapon: cows?
Blue team weapon: holy?
Attachments
Turn2.WAgame
(106.33 KiB) Downloaded 194 times
turn2.png
(107.17 KiB) Downloaded 14 times
zoky

Post by zoky »

wait wait wait lol..i didnt blame luck hah..
"HE HAVE PIGEONS; THAT MEANS HE DOESNT HAVE COWS" o realy .:DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
Dario
NNN member

Post by Dario »

Oh, whoever wants to play is supposed to do the same: make his move, upload the replay and also the new map if possible.

This goes a bit beyond that, Zoky, it's just a game where we have as much time to think as we want :), I just hope I won't play it alone :S.
Koras
NNN member

Post by Koras »

I just hope I won't play it alone :S.
haha no way, very good idea.

Blue: Dario
worm 1
worm 5
worm 6
worm 7

Red: Koras
worm 1
worm 2
worm 3
worm 5
worm 6 95 hp

Ammo used so far:
Red team: 3 ropes, 1 worm select, dyna.
Blue team: 1 chute, 2 worm selects, low gravity.

If I fucked up something, pls just tell me but I think evrything is ok.
pls when U will be put your worms on the map loook at your replay not mine I cared only about worms witch will be killed... and didnt put another worms perfect.

gl! :D
Attachments
Tourn3.rar
(89.82 KiB) Downloaded 230 times
Koras
NNN member

Post by Koras »

It's funny how after so much struggling to prove starting luck is not that important my own clanmates do this against the scheme. What do you expect other people will say if they see NNN players complaining about starting luck?
No,nah, hell :oops: I didnt say that...dont put this words to my muth :)
Anyway U cant say there is no luck..... because there is some kind of luck liek positions and wind 8)
Thast why I playing intermeidate, to make my best even with crapy positions and when I loosing its not fault of positions( I just sux>< ask Jakka :P )I lost only 1 round in last few months becasue of 'positions' and I post it at this topic in first post.

I'll take zoky's part to prove that his placement was not as bad as it looks, maybe he had a small disadvantage after the first turn.
yes U are right now when I spend few min to SEE whats going on on this map... i agree :oops:

5vs4:P and your tourn + more resurcoes<---> interesting round I hope :)
Dario
NNN member

Post by Dario »

Ammo used so far:
Red team: 3 ropes, 1 worm select, dynamite.
Blue team: 1 rope, 1 chute, 3 worm selects, jet pack, dynamite.

All healthy worms

Next red worm: Worm1
Next blue worm: Worm7
Attachments
turn4.WAgame
(103.37 KiB) Downloaded 179 times
turn4.png
(107.48 KiB) Downloaded 8 times
Koras
NNN member

Post by Koras »

Ammo used so far:
Red team: 3 ropes, 2 worm selects, dynamite.
Blue team: 1 rope, 1 chute, 3 worm selects, jet pack, dynamite.

All healthy worms

Next red worm: Worm3
Next blue worm: Worm1
Attachments
tourn 5.WAgame
(98.42 KiB) Downloaded 187 times
Dario
NNN member

Post by Dario »

How noob I am, even with all the time in the world I hide with worm 7 in a way you could free worm 2 AND kill it in the same turn. Now it will be harder xD.

Ammo used so far:
Blue team: 2 ropes, 1 chute, 3 worm selects, jet pack, dynamite, 1 girder.

Next blue worm: Worm5
Attachments
turn6.PNG
(108.45 KiB) Downloaded 8 times
turn6.WAgame
(101.48 KiB) Downloaded 212 times
KinslayeR

Post by KinslayeR »

heh zoky, I know u had worse positions, I started so yep I had big advantage, but as sayd Dario my positions were not the best too...
Well, in sytuation when this "mega pile" could be on the higher girder, then it could be really suck positions coz then I just use lo gravity + kamikadze and.. gg xD
Koras
NNN member

Post by Koras »

Ammo used so far:
Blue team: 2 ropes, 1 chute, 3 worm selects, jet pack,low g, dynamite, 1 girder.
Next red worm: worm5
Next blue worm: Worm5

It will be very long round :)
Attachments
tourn7 .WAgame
(164.8 KiB) Downloaded 192 times
Dario
NNN member

Post by Dario »

just in case: restarting the round until you get the correct wind or do not miss the move you want to do is cheat :P. Here I could have shotgun or zooked him but homing was safe ;).

Ammo used so far:
Blue team: 2 ropes, 1 chute, 3 worm selects, jet pack,low g, dynamite, 1 girder, homing.

Next red worm: Worm1
Next blue worm: Worm6

blue Worm1 has 75 hp.
Attachments
turn8.png
(108.35 KiB) Downloaded 5 times
turn8.WAgame
(163.04 KiB) Downloaded 200 times
KinslayeR

just a normal "my" game .. xD

Post by KinslayeR »

Here is smt better ^^
In replay with zoky there was many options, and it was not gg at start, and here...
Hmm If I could start turn and has 5-6 selects, maybe..
I don't think so if someone could win this game, even Dario.. :)

And pls at start dont write smt like:
"U could change at start positions of worms using selects", coz every worm to be "save" needed rope or jetpack or teleport to move., and if I could "save" just 2-3 of them then it is impossible to do it in 1 turn coz I think to save 1 worm in this sytuation I needed min 20-30 sek, what with others worms, and what with attack enemy ? xD
But maybe there was any option how could I win this game ? :) pls tell me..
Attachments
2009-01-28 23.43.43 [Online] @KinslayeR`dP, FTM-Bot, Viks.WAgame
just a normal &quot;my&quot; game .. xD
(36 KiB) Downloaded 174 times
Dario
NNN member

Post by Dario »

If you wanted to win that game you could have started by hiding Nightwish with a rope. You use cows, failing to see that cow drop he made is a terrible error, you should have seen it without even having to look at those worms.
Then select to lordi, hiding him at the right side of the cave, then select to metallica, not waste a rope and do the double kill with jetpack+dyna.
minimum 9 turns left for him, minimum 9 turns left for you, map is big and complex (easy to darkside). Lordi and Iron Maiden would die but not before severely hurting (even skunk) Pancev and Miha: 2 worms of him that just can't attack after that, are blocked and weak. Also he would have to use the second switch if he wanted to kill helloween before it was helloween's turn again.

There you go, used only 1 more worm select than you did in reality and at the same time killed 2 of his worms, prevented him from piling lordi next to the barrel and also prevented him from using the cows on the nightwish+stratovarius pile.

Let's make a game, instead of posting "OMG I am unlucky, look at my placement and that is why I lost" replays let's post "OMG, look at my opponent placement, it was so damn bad and I still lost the round". It's a good exercise for worms and for life: to see the things with another perspective.
Koras
NNN member

Post by Koras »

Ammo used so far:
Red team: 3 ropes, 3 worm selects, jet pack,dynamite,cows
Blue team: 2 ropes, 1 chute, 3 worm selects, jet pack,low g, dynamite, 1 girder, homing.

Next blue worm: Worm6

blue Worm1 has 75 hp.
just in case: restarting the round until you get the correct wind or do not miss the move you want to do is cheat
So I lost because I try tourn 5 (when I open my worm and killed yours by shotgun)3 times (in first 2 enemy worm stay next to water :)). Anyway U/'we' 8) already prove what U wanted. Very close round and result is still open :!: gg

btw:Read first post. I posted this topic becasue I wanted see WORST POSITONS EVER not a bit unlucky... when someone lost becasue he played bad. No ofense guys.

Kin U could won this round... especially since he missed easy triple kill within his first tourn, but U missed your attack and didnt hide some of your worms:/ s
Of course its easy to say it now, but this double dyna kills for U looks easy... U should just use some ws to hide at least 2 worms. I if U use one more ws and didnt waste rope when U wasted:P your situation could be much better 8)
Attachments
tourn9.WAgame
tourn 9
(162.23 KiB) Downloaded 145 times
Kinviks.WAgame
Kinslayer
(17.15 KiB) Downloaded 131 times