The worst starting positions!:D

Replays, screenshots and anything that can help players getting better
Dario
NNN member

Post by Dario »

Yes Koras, we proved that the situation was more even that it looked like :).
Still, as you said, this round is interesting!. The whole idea of having a lot of time to think what to do is nice too, good training also.
Dario
NNN member

Post by Dario »

Ammo used so far:
Red team: 3 ropes, 3 worm selects, jet pack, dynamite, cows.
Blue team: 2 ropes, 1 chute, 3 worm selects, jet pack,low g, dynamite, 1 girder, homing, 1 bungee, cows.

Next red worm: Worm3
Next blue worm: Worm1

blue Worm1 has 75 hp.

No problem about that shotgun, it was a simple one, maybe you were just too drunk when you tried it :P.
Attachments
turn10.WAgame
(157.63 KiB) Downloaded 275 times
turn10.png
(116.27 KiB) Downloaded 8 times
KinslayeR

Post by KinslayeR »

KORAS wrote: "btw:Read first post. I posted this topic becasue I wanted see WORST POSITONS EVER not a bit unlucky... when someone lost becasue he played bad. No ofense guys.

Kin U could won this round... especially since he missed easy triple kill within his first tourn, but U missed your attack and didnt hide some of your worms:/ s
Of course its easy to say it now, but this double dyna kills for U looks easy... U should just use some ws to hide at least 2 worms. I if U use one more ws and didnt waste rope when U wasted:P your situation could be much better "

So for u situation when ur opponent start turn, he can easy plops ur 3 worms and my other worms are in "little cave" close with 2 barrels and 2 others are just ideal for cows.. u call it just a BIT unlucky hum ??
Btw.. I needed to use rope to KNOCK this worm a bit right, in other sytuation this one worm on the right descent COULDNT plop.. Maybe I am wrong.. But anyway sure I could use selects and save my worms, but tell me how and where ?? My worms was in small close cave with 2 barrel, I couldnt save them without teleport coz I couldnt get out.. yes I could hide them as sayd Dario on the right but it couldnt help... there was 2 barrels close to me, so waste could be just use select to "hide" them..
I could also hide better Nightwish at start but how could I know his super weapon is cows ????
Anyway I know it was not so bad positions, MAYBE there was LITTLE chance to win, but I just wanted to know "pro's opinion" :) And for me it was still worse hides than in zoky's game..
Thx
Dario
NNN member

Post by Dario »

You can quote someone using the "quote" button at the top right of his post, or enter the quoting yourself by using the "quote" button in the "post a reply" window :).
KinslayeR wrote:So for u situation when ur opponent start turn, he can easy plops ur 3 worms and my other worms are in "little cave" close with 2 barrels and 2 others are just ideal for cows.. u call it just a BIT unlucky hum ??
He had his chance to make a good move, he ruined it, then you had your chance to make a good move, you ruined. The result of that game was defined by one of you making more mistakes than the other one, not by the starting placement, that is what I understand Koras said. If I am correct he made this thread to upload rounds where one player could never win the round even if he successfully made hard moves and the opponent only played safe.
KinslayeR wrote:Btw.. I needed to use rope to KNOCK this worm a bit right, in other sytuation this one worm on the right descent COULDNT plop.. Maybe I am wrong..
Still easy double kill without knocking ^^ (replay).
KinslayeR wrote:But anyway sure I could use selects and save my worms, but tell me how and where ??
How and where?, Koras even took the trouble to upload a replay showing you how and where, it would be polite if you watched it before replying :).
KinslayeR wrote:My worms was in small close cave with 2 barrel
My, me, myself :P, he also had 2 worms in that small cave with 2 barrels, didn't he? :roll:.
KinslayeR wrote:I couldnt save them without teleport coz I couldnt get out.. yes I could hide them as sayd Dario on the right but it couldnt help... there was 2 barrels close to me, so waste could be just use select to "hide" them..
Lordi is rather safe, if he ploped lordi with dyna you could easily plop one of his worms back. The select to lordi was to prevent him from a possible double kill using the barrels, giving you some extra turns to harm those 2 blocked worms before he could kill your blocked worms. Having 2 extra worms weak and inside a cave where they can not attack is not an advantage, it's a disadvantage.
KinslayeR wrote:I could also hide better Nightwish at start but how could I know his super weapon is cows ????
You didn't know which team weapon he had, ok, but you still knew that if he had cows he would almost kill those 2 worms. Not hiding those worms was a mistake, with or without knowing that he had cows as team weapon.
Attachments
2009-01-29 16.06.35 [Offline] Ninguno.WAgame
(7.54 KiB) Downloaded 252 times
KinslayeR

Post by KinslayeR »

Ok, I am noob...
Koras
NNN member

Post by Koras »

Ok, I am noob...
You are not noob.
But maybe there was any option how could I win this game ? Smile pls tell me..
We just ansver for your question. U could say at least 'thanks, I do my best next time'^^
Koras
NNN member

Post by Koras »

Ammo used so far:
Red team: 4 ropes, 3 worm selects, jet pack, dynamite, cows.
Blue team: 2 ropes, 1 chute, 3 worm selects, jet pack,low g, dynamite, 1 girder, homing, 1 bungee, cows.

Next red worm: Worm1
Next blue worm: Worm1

blue Worm1 has 75 hp.

Its not hard drop :wink:
Last edited by Koras on Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dario
NNN member

Post by Dario »

You used Worm2 with the Jet Pack + Cows , now it was Worm3 turn :P
Koras
NNN member

Post by Koras »

You used Worm2 with the Jet Pack + Cows , now it was Worm3 turn Razz
yea sorry :oops:
Dario
NNN member

Post by Dario »

You uploaded the same replay :roll:
Koras
NNN member

Post by Koras »

heh yes :)
Attachments
t11.WAgame
(156.52 KiB) Downloaded 240 times
Dario
NNN member

Post by Dario »

Ammo used so far:
Red team: 4 ropes, 3 worm selects, jet pack, dynamite, cows.
Blue team: 2 ropes, 2 chutes, 3 worm selects, jet pack,low g, dynamite, 1 girder, homing, 1 bungee, cows, bat.

Next blue worm: Worm6

blue Worm1 has 75 hp.
blue Worm6 has 12 hp.

Air strike reinforcements arrived for Both teams already.
Napalm strike reinforcements are not available yet (will be for red team on turn 14).
Attachments
turn12.PNG
(117.48 KiB) Downloaded 4 times
turn12.WAgame
(152.46 KiB) Downloaded 267 times
Koras
NNN member

Post by Koras »

Ammo used so far:
Red team: 5 ropes, 3 worm selects, jet pack, dynamite, cows,sheep
Blue team: 2 ropes, 2 chutes, 3 worm selects, jet pack,low g, dynamite, 1 girder, homing, 1 bungee, cows, bat.

Next blue worm: Worm6

blue Worm1 has 75 hp.
blue Worm6 has 12 hp.
Attachments
tourn 13 .WAgame
(153.98 KiB) Downloaded 253 times
Dario
NNN member

Post by Dario »

well, gg :), managed to get it where I wanted to: 1 vs 1, red team without ropes, only low g. Now I'd try to keep on hiding and blocking with molotov and girders till SD came, but I don't feel like counting the seconds that have been used already xD. Of course if I could "roll back" to some moments I would do things like hiding better with worm 7 and would try not to miss the jump after the cows drop (silly miss, was so easy).
Red team has more chances of wining. gg :) was fun.

Things that could have helped blue team:
-Not making those bad hides
-Silly mistakes (like jumping on top of the flower when not intended)
-sub-pixel randomness (that mine drop could have sent the worm either forward, straight up or backwards, more chances of it being forward of course)
-Wind (I just got red wind in this last turn, if it had been blue there was a good petrol shot: block+damage, low enough for a suicidal move with sheep).

There you go, game decided by human errors, not by starting placement ^^. Thanks Koras for helping me prove this.
Koras
NNN member

Post by Koras »

Thanks Koras for helping me prove this.
np bro :)
gg