Any tips for using blow torch in worm against the wall?

Replays, screenshots and anything that can help players getting better
Albus

Any tips for using blow torch in worm against the wall?

Post by Albus »

For me, using the blow torch in worm against the wall is sometimes a bit risky, because I'm not sure when it will work. For example, I attached a replay with very similar situations, but in one of them it didn't work.
Attachments
blowtorch against worm.WAgame
(9.84 KiB) Downloaded 105 times
Dario
NNN member

Re: Any tips for using blowtorch in worm against the wall?

Post by Dario »

As you can see in the zoomed-in picture, in the first case the worm bounced on the 2-pixels wall at the entry of the tunnel. In the other two cases, even though there were 2-pxiel walls, the worm was already inside the tunnel when the blowtorch started, with nothing to bounce on. In the replay I show a way I found to make the torch work in the first situation: the attacking worm needs to be standing one pixel higher, so that the blowtorch will destroy the pixels that made the victim bounce the first time.
After our game trying bow perfect aims for double-shots, it is clear that you are playing in a very high resolution that does not let you clearly see individual pixels, and that is VERY important in intermediate if you want to perform precise moves.
Attachments
torch block pixels.png
(19.67 KiB) Not downloaded yet
torch reply.WAgame
(6.64 KiB) Downloaded 98 times
Albus

Re: Any tips for using blow torch in worm against the wall?

Post by Albus »

Thanks man! You and Kayz are amazing to explain things about the game!
Noticing these little details in the game seems very difficult.
By the way, I play at 1920x1080 resolution, which is the resolution of my monitor.
Albus

Post by Albus »

Your tip is very good. If I understand correctly, to decrease the risk of failure, we need to stay in the same place of the target worm with only few steps to the side (as close as possible to the wall), in order to the blow torch destroy the pixel before the worm bounce on it.
PS: I need to edit the post several times because, as my English is rusty, sometimes I don't express myself as I wanted, and after a while the post can no longer be modified :cry: :cry: :cry:
Attachments
=).WAgame
(6.09 KiB) Downloaded 94 times
Dario
NNN member

Post by Dario »

Yea, most of us have a 1920x1080 monitor, but I prefer playing on 1366x768 or sometimes even 1280x720, it is a lot easier to see those small details in the terrain, it also makes it a bit easier to see enemy worms order when they fast tab through their worms. The downside of smaller resolutions is that it makes it harder to aim dynamite hats, bats, bng/homing shots and long rope flights. But I completely prefer losing a bit of field of vision in exchange for pixel details.
Rafka
NNN member

Post by Rafka »

Thx Dario for explanation, I wanted to ask U bout this myself, so also... thx Albus for doing it first :D

Btw, I have 1680x1050 if I recall. Too big?
Dario
NNN member

Post by Dario »

Look, you can even torch block someone that is perfectly against a wall if you "fusion" with the enemy worm. It may not work if the terrain has a slope though. Anyway, there is a lot to explore and learn!.
Attachments
2020-11-24 00.50.38 [Offline] algunos.WAgame
(8.93 KiB) Downloaded 88 times
Albus

Post by Albus »

There are people who play on television. It should be a lot easier, because you see everything big. :)
Rafka
NNN member

Post by Rafka »

I wanna add that in situations when the ceiling sticks to the worm, U don't need to use rope, just stand next to worm and torch him.