Felo

Perfect Targets

Post by Felo »

Hi there! :D
Hope you are all doing well!
Long time without doing posts hehe

Let's jump into it..

Summary

More than 10 years ago I made a post in the NNN forum by the name "New Tricks & Tips" (http://www.normalnonoobs.com/forum/view ... ?f=5&t=414) where I showed some moves like "Mine Knocking by jumping forward", "Sheep Head-Jump", "Measuring Girders for weapons" and these ones that I named "Perfect Targets", which I will explain further in this post. The main idea is to master the homing missile behavior to a mechanical level for reusable situations. This means to manipulate the missile without using our human-timer to calculate power and focusing on what we can always perfectly repeat which is shooting with the max power and target specified spots. In those situations the missile will always behave the same! (or there's a very high probability to do it, as DeadCode once explained to me there is a 0.333 -or something like that- that is always missing in the pixel control). With this "Perfect Targets" idea, there are hundreds of possibilities, not only to show a nice and stylish shot but to resolve real gamsituations.

Explanation

* It came to my mind this idea of ​​poiting the pixels marked in the "bazooka-sight" as clockwise (see the picture down below). And also to use other pointers as WormName and TeamName boxes, and even body parts of the worm like the tail, the head and the eyes. (See picture down below).
* If we select Bat, Kamikaze, Arch or Flamethrower, we will always have "perfect angles" (see picture down below), so after selecting one of those weapons if we switch to homing missile we will have those angles selected.
* Therefore, if you always click on a "Perfect Target", for example the sight of a bat at 2 o'clock, and you shoot with maximum power, the homing missile will always behave the same. In this case the missile will end moving to the "southeast" or to "4 o'clock" (see picture down below).

Hope you enjoy this and if you have time try to master some and share !! :D
My personal favorite is "Bat at 4 o'clock" (see picture down below)

Take care, God bless !!
Felo (aka "Texxt" in #ag).
Attachments
Perfect_Targets.WAgame
(131.66 KiB) Downloaded 168 times
Perfect_Targets.png
(118.27 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Perfect Targets.rar
(232.56 KiB) Downloaded 141 times
The wormgod says "we must accept initial positions on every round, that's the test for you today."
Albus

Re: Perfect Targets

Post by Albus »

Good job Felo! Always great to see this kind of topic appear again here on the forum and have enthusiasts like you to discover these types of things.
Silaneo

Post by Silaneo »

Nice post Felo.Actually there are more Perfect targets for homing than this.I researched it many years ago but unfortunately all written materials are gone now.Anyway a good method of finding more is by assigning certain mouse movements to keyboard either with external program or by checking windows mouse options and using it to choose specific homing missile targets.It can make homing to fall down or go horizontally after using its fuel.Its looks nice but imo its not very usefull in most serious matches
Felo

Post by Felo »

Albus wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 6:58 pm Good job Felo! Always great to see this kind of topic appear again here on the forum and have enthusiasts like you to discover these types of things.
Thank you Albus
Yes we still have things to discover!
The wormgod says "we must accept initial positions on every round, that's the test for you today."
Felo

Post by Felo »

Silaneo wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:51 pm Nice post Felo.Actually there are more Perfect targets for homing than this.I researched it many years ago but unfortunately all written materials are gone now.Anyway a good method of finding more is by assigning certain mouse movements to keyboard either with external program or by checking windows mouse options and using it to choose specific homing missile targets.It can make homing to fall down or go horizontally after using its fuel.Its looks nice but imo its not very usefull in most serious matches
Hi mate, thank you.
I'm not a fan of using additional tools, I'm more into native tricks.
However it would be nice to see those hacks you mentioned, sounds fan to try
Silaneo

Post by Silaneo »

Ye forgot to mention that aditional programs that make mouse move n pixels in any direction are forbidden in the league by Dario :P Thats why i also mentioned windows options :) Native tricks are good :D
Silaneo

Post by Silaneo »

This thread made me get back to my Key Mouse Genie program and experiment with homing.Here are some examples of my perfect targets.These homing targets can be found by using girders as measuring tools although its not as precise or fast as with the program it can be allowed in league games
Attachments
homing underwater 6 girders to right.WAgame
(6.61 KiB) Downloaded 126 times
homng perfect target 8 to left-2 to up girders.WAgame
(7.3 KiB) Downloaded 122 times
homing perfect target 4to left 1 to up girders.WAgame
(13.66 KiB) Downloaded 129 times
Kilobyte
NNN member

Post by Kilobyte »

new level of "Russian roulett" :D with full buletts. If the 2nd happened against me, I would be look like him:

Jegyzet 2020-09-03 225004.png
Jegyzet 2020-09-03 225004.png (588.15 KiB) Viewed 3791 times
"Unique: if we dont know him he's a noob. Well, if I dont know some1 I know he's noob"
Albus

Post by Albus »

Silaneo wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 4:35 pm This thread made me get back to my Key Mouse Genie program and experiment with homing.Here are some examples of my perfect targets.These homing targets can be found by using girders as measuring tools although its not as precise or fast as with the program it can be allowed in league games
Very nice Silaneo!
I remember that topic from Fello, but I hadn't seen those replays. Incredible shots!
My favorite was this one: homing underwater 6 girders to right.