Barrel explosion

Replays, screenshots and anything that can help players getting better
Dario
NNN member

Barrel explosion

Post by Dario »

So here comes the .gif
The barrel secuence (one barrel, then the next one) can't always be directly seen (sometimes in the replay you will see both barrels explode in the same frame) but the effects on the flames will always be the same.
Attachments
barrelsecuence.gif
barrelsecuence.gif (23.68 KiB) Viewed 6339 times
Zemke
NNN member

Re: Barrel explosion

Post by Zemke »

Awesome, thanks Dario.

With the foursquare flights of the fire you could actually aim (i.e. you hit yourself). Also interesting to see how the shotgun first hits the terrain and then causes the explosion.
Zemke
NNN member

Post by Zemke »

I noticed the shotgun doesn't actually hit the terrain. It hits the barrel, exploits the terrain and then causes the explosion.

Did you see that worm gets lit up? By the way, how did you remove that comic "Pow" effect?
kukumber
NNN member

Post by kukumber »

Very interesting, will definitely help to predict barrel explosion result. Thanks a lot :)
Dario
NNN member

Post by Dario »

-First barrel explodes 1 frame after it got hit by the shotgun in the same way second barrel explodes 1 frame after being hit by first barrel.
-I removed the smoke effects because I use the following uber hack:
Stop in the desired frame (you can go frame by frame pressing "S"), press escape when you are in the desired frame, let the time go by a bit (animations are still animated while you are with the escape menu opened) and the smoke will clear, stop the replay with "S" again after the smoke has cleared, press escape again.
kukumber
NNN member

Post by kukumber »

Have no idea how did you found it out :lol:
Mablak

Post by Mablak »

Nice, yeah I never knew you could see the explosion clearly like that. Always fun to learn new things.