Project X

Talk about anything related to Worms
Domi

Project X

Post by Domi »

Guys, just look at all the modifications of the game itself. Lots of new weapons, graphics, etc.

It's the version 0.8.0 trailer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgaAGrM7 ... r_embedded" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false

Impressive... but this is not the old worms.
hLdd3n

Re: Project X

Post by hLdd3n »

yes ive tryed some schemes : ) its fun but ive never seen theese features and they look really impressive.
The ones i found on the site are quite fun also : ) jetpack and roping under water sm modified weapons, telekenesis, shoppa scheme where you just cant cow :P and so on

the really interesting one is the realtime but still not developed
check it out if you havent xD http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vJ1RspFhys" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false
Koras
NNN member

Post by Koras »

Looks really noobish:)
But smoky grenade ... why not^^
Real time game play could be very nice.....
khamski

Post by khamski »

lazor rocked. with that smoke effect. ooh nice!
shows the fact that worms modification has a huge potential.

all that mine things, boomerangs and so on are a complete bs.

beauty of worms is not in the amount of weapons but in the unique idea of its use and the balance between them.

so when you create a new weapon you must think whether or not it will nullify the effect of some other weapons making them unusable.
if this is what happens... it will ruin the game and not making it more interesting.

so i think creating new weapons must base on some real players needs.
something like an experienced player would say: "it would be great if i had a laser as a super weapon".
it is kinda easy to find balance betwenn laser and cows or hhg. So that idea is nice.
I mean an opponent will be like: "Oh that guy has a laser as an sw. I must avoid putting my worms in a straight line."
or "I will be fucked in sd if i have 1 worm... distance won't save me."
Johnmir
NNN member

Post by Johnmir »

Lol, laser for Antares! (who likes to play till SD :)))))
khamski

Post by khamski »

More i think of it more i like the laser.

Someone please add it to Cybershadows request list.
I am too lazy. :oops:
ropa

Post by ropa »

Hey guys, just noticed this post and figured I'd clear some stuff about PX :)

A quick background summary, PX is a third party application for WA that allows users to tweak many aspects of the game through it, not only weapons although weapon tweaking is the most noticeable feature at first sight.

I'm not a programmer, I'm not in the team for my coding skills but to help with general testing based on my experience with W:A. That doesn't mean I can't learn to make weapons for PX, since it's something anyone can do, programmer or not, providing they show willingness*

PX is an extremly powerful tool and I hate when people get the wrong idea of it when they see trailers or demos. The weapons showcased are only examples of what can be done. I understand that experienced wormers see the trailer and think "this sucks, it's just crazy weapons that are only fun for one game like full wormage" - this isn't completely wrong though, if PX was released today, we would see loads and loads of less experienced wormers (the majority of the players) hosting crazy games in wormnet with their totally overpowered genius idea of a weapon - the cluster HHG that throw bananas that throw poison gas etc etc. This WILL happen when and if PX hits the public.

BUT, you have to look further and realize what PX can do for the competitive aspect of WA, and what it can do for YOUR favourite scheme no matter what it is.
PX has the power to enforce rules of competitive schemes, it can make it so if you don't collect a crate in your roper turn your weapon attack of that turn does 0 damage to your enemy. It has the power to teleport all your worms at the start of your TTRR clanner automaticly. And it also has the power to bring WA to a new level.
Completely new and fresh schemes, BR is too slow for you but RR is too much? Np, play launch race, your turn, you aim your crossair, you set the power as if it were a bazooka and bam, your own worm gets launched as if it were the projectile. And this is just a random example, the possibilities are endless.

NNN loves intermediate right? Well, how about scripted practice maps were you have to complete certain goals while the map reacts to what you're doing. You start with a shotgun and you have to plop your first enemy, there's only one way and it's hard to figure it out. You manage to do it? Cool, a crate drops right next to you when you make it, giving you a new tool to move forward.

I'm telling you, don't understimate what PX can do for Worms, it can do beneficial things for all kind of gamers.
Domi

Post by Domi »

Good post. ;)
Antares
NNN member

Post by Antares »

Ye, nice software ... hope it will be launched while i'm playing WA ;)
Even my clock at morning sounds ''tac-tic'' instead of ''tic-tac''.
Domi

Post by Domi »

Kayz
NNN member

Post by Kayz »

I want the hangglider. NAO!
[FaD] im pro jumper
[lNNNxDario] i see