What utility is more important (ws or rope)?

Talk about anything related to Worms
Albus

What utility is more important (ws or rope)?

Post by Albus »

Hi,

I was watching a game of a good player, and I saw an interesting move. He had a worm in left side of map and wanted atack a worm of right side of map. He could used a select worm and atacked the worm of right side easily. But he preferred to use the worm of left side, walk almost all map, use one rope, and atack the worm of opponent at right side. I was thinking about and would like to hear others opinnions... if you are in this situation and have 5 ropes, 3 sw, what you waste? What have more and less value? Ws or rope?
Cya!!
Kilobyte
NNN member

Re: What utility is more important (ws or rope)?

Post by Kilobyte »

Select Worm! Lets ruin the tactic! I want it infinite!!
"Unique: if we dont know him he's a noob. Well, if I dont know some1 I know he's noob"
chuvash

Post by chuvash »

only situation in game can give you right answer ;)
Const

Post by Const »

depents on the situation..

for example u got 2 worms with 50 hp and ur opponent got 1 worm with 100hp u have no cows . or he could search a good hide..
the rope is more important than the select. because if u go there wit hur last rope and do him 50dmg he can tele away and u are fucked.
if u select u can half him and go there next turn

just cheap example but depents on situation
lovEvilution
NNN member

Post by lovEvilution »

Early game, I'll take a rope over a worm select any day. WS lose value when on the last for starters. Secondly and rope can be used for knock which is a detrimental move played correctly.

End game would depend on situation.
Albus

Post by Albus »

chuvash wrote:only situation in game can give you right answer ;)
The player was you! :D
Attachments
2012-07-20 16.14.49 [Online Round 2] lNNNxDario, @che`chuvash.WAgame
The game was that one. And the move was your second turn. ;)
Cya!
(146.01 KiB) Downloaded 277 times
kukumber
NNN member

Post by kukumber »

It's good to keep as many different items in your inventory as possible. Obviously you don't want to use your last rope or last ws in most of situations. It's possible you would want to use select if you feel you're low on ropes. Might also want to use select if it looks like you won't have any use of it later in game. If we speak of 1 ws and 1 rope, I would almost always use ws, because losing all your ropes is the last thing you want except losing all your worms. :lol:
But generally it depends on map complexity, personal preferences and some particular situation (worms order, possible piles, need for knocks, etc.).
chuvash

Post by chuvash »

well, in this situation rope or ws was like equal. Only 2 things make me choice the rope: 1) I could do the hide (for reaching Putin, Dario should use mobility too) 2) I love keep in safe my ws :))
Const

Post by Const »

chu is ws lover :D but always keep one thing in mind.. having 1worm and 1select less is just useless :D
Kayz
NNN member

Post by Kayz »

I won't hesitate right before SD to use my last rope with keeping last ws, if I got 2 worms vs 1, IF I won't need the mobility and can use the pressure of SD vs my opponent then, because nothing's worse than being blocked with 2 worms without having worm select. In that case your ropes are as useless as it is sure that you will lose the round :)
[FaD] im pro jumper
[lNNNxDario] i see
Const

Post by Const »

not if u tele away from sg and be unreachabil u d need the rope to re attack :D