League-Intermediate scheme update for 3.8?

CWT is a yearly hosted Intermediate tournament. It's considered the most prestigious of its kind and has money prizes involved.
lacoste

League-Intermediate scheme update for 3.8?

Post by lacoste »

Hi.
I did notice ONL rules page has outdated scheme and information overall (up to version 3.6.29), and since CWT directs here for rules and version 3.8 is now default there, maybe it's a good idea to update it or create a scheme specifically for CWT? I dont mean a change for CWT 2020 but future events, defaulting 3.8 mid-season was already quite risky but a much needed rule.

So what's the big deal?

First of all, rules page says jetpack has 0 delay, which was fixed patch or two before and the official scheme now has delay set to 2 like the vanilla Intermediate scheme.

Second, there are forbidden glitches that are enforced in the rules and since 3.8 we can simply turn them off by default in Extended Scheme Options of a scheme file, such as:
- Bungee from Jet Pack
- Bow/bat/rope angle modifications
- Walking on top of the indestructible barrier of a cave
- Skip walking using the mouse
- Floating weapon glitch

Glitches that are impossible to turn off in ESO (for now) to my knowledge are:
- Jumping from Pneumatic Drill
- Jumping after teleporting

Note that to edit Extended Scheme Options (accesible via scheme editor/lobby ingame, button with a star icon) you need to have unlocked Full Wormage (either by completing single player or by using tools like Full Wormage Unlocker https://worms2d.info/Full_Wormage_Unlocker

All Extended Scheme Options are not backwards comptabile with previous patches and players (with older game versions than 3.8) joining games with ESO enabled will be marked red.
lacoste

Re: League-Intermediate scheme update for 3.8?

Post by lacoste »

Edit: two more things

Consider that pixel gliding glitch (leftwards-jumping worms occasionally floating a little bit past the pixel of terrain you'd expect them to land on) can also be turned off in ESO. We have a poll right now to decide if we should disable it in our league T17 scheme.

And another thing - imo the most obvious disable in ESO for Intermediate scheme should be Skip-Walking and perhaps Pixel Gliding as these are either annoying or uncontrollable. Others are a good alternative for funners because I for example use some of them outside of serious games and I dont like having too many schemes to choose from.