Qualifiers 2018

CWT is a yearly hosted Intermediate tournament. It's considered the most prestigious of its kind and has money prizes involved.
nOox

Re: Qualifiers 2018

Post by nOox »

I know not so much about WA to not believe in some internal tricks :)
WeeM4n

Post by WeeM4n »

WeeM4n 3-0 Kano

Kano, thx for the game! 8)
WeeM4n - Kano 3-0.rar
(28.94 KiB) Downloaded 233 times
No brain - no pain!
Piki1802

Post by Piki1802 »

Heeeeyy thanks for organizing this peeps, amazing work

As for rabbit, pmd u in tus but gonna leave a message here just so you get reminded of it haha

Whole weeks gonna be a problem, sunday is my day off, if u prefer any other day suggest it and Ill see if I can make it happen :)
Senator

Post by Senator »

Senator 3:2 SiD

So many errors by both... could have gone either way. Thanks for the games SiD.
Attachments
Senator_3-2_SiD.rar
(103.54 KiB) Downloaded 208 times
KingKong

Post by KingKong »

KingKong 3:1 MegaAdnan
Knight Templar

Post by Knight Templar »

Knight Templar 3-1 Virus.rar
(28.89 KiB) Downloaded 211 times
VoK

Post by VoK »

VoK 3-1 Kilobyte
Attachments
New folder.rar
(42.82 KiB) Downloaded 175 times
Kilobyte
NNN member

Post by Kilobyte »

with all due respect, may I ask how was the qualifiers selected? I understand that the maximum number of players are 32 and "good" players should play, also Im not the best wormer on the Earth. Still, for me CWT started GMT 16.00 and just ended at 17.30. Its a biter aftertaste for me that if poskok, hemorrhage, Bowman, qbcarehelp, Kievz lose a game, they could still play in groups with other players. In other words, they still have the chance to play longer but for the qualifiers not (and despite the fact I play the most number of fun games, I never met those names). And you cant even say I was late with application.
I think its time to consider either increase the number of maximum players, or the number of groups.
"Unique: if we dont know him he's a noob. Well, if I dont know some1 I know he's noob"
PavelB
NNN member

Post by PavelB »

Kilobyte wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:43 pm with all due respect, may I ask how was the qualifiers selected? I understand that the maximum number of players are 32 and "good" players should play, also Im not the best wormer on the Earth. Still, for me CWT started GMT 16.00 and just ended at 17.30. Its a biter aftertaste for me that if poskok, hemorrhage, Bowman, qbcarehelp, Kievz lose a game, they could still play in groups with other players. In other words, they still have the chance to play longer but for the qualifiers not (and despite the fact I play the most number of fun games, I never met those names). And you cant even say I was late with application.
I think its time to consider either increase the number of maximum players, or the number of groups.
+
Senator

Post by Senator »

As far as I know, they gave a spot to certain players and then selected randomly who need to play in qualifiers. Having qualifiers is still better than just choosing 32 players arbitrarily like it was earlier.

What would be a better option when you have 43 players like now? 10 groups of 4 players and 1 group of 3 players? Then 22 players in 32 draw? I don't know.
Kayz
NNN member

Post by Kayz »

Edit: Never mind my first line, I just missed the upload.

We got 43 applicants. To reach 32, we need 22 qualifying players to have 11 games. With such a huge number, it means that a lot of players of Pot C have to play. We've been doing this for ages now.

To quote: To win CWT; you have to win everyone anyway. So why bother, Kilo? What difference does it make, really?

I agree with Senator here, the way it used to be was way worse. And the spirit of CWT always was to have the 32 best players fight. If you play the most funners as you say, Kilo, you shouldn't have a problem beating random people you've never heard of before.

I don't understand your sentiment about Bowman and Kievz? The application time is over. No more new players.
In fact, if someone goes inactive in the group phase, I rather give the qualifier losers a 2nd chance than let a random guy in the groups who signed up 20 days later and didn't have to qualify.

I can't watch your replays, Knight Templar, the archive is broken for me..
[FaD] im pro jumper
[lNNNxDario] i see
Senator

Post by Senator »

@Kilobyte

poskok and hemorrhage were in qualifiers but they got replaced by lales and Virus. Bowman, qbcarehelp and Kievz signed up too late and they are not in CWT.

@Kayz

Do you have also pot D when you select players? If yes, do you put pot C and pot D players against each other when possible? I guess some pot C players had to play against each other anyway.
Senator

Post by Senator »

Aladdin 3:0 lales

Aladdin reported in CWT shoutbox cos he couldn't log in here.
Attachments
Aladdin 3-0 Lales.rar
(35.48 KiB) Downloaded 101 times
Kilobyte
NNN member

Post by Kilobyte »

Of course I should beat random people, but I got VoK :) you wouldnt be so glad having Chuvash in the qualifiers. All I wanted to point out that unknown players should have qualified with each other, and for those applied in time / not unknown could have somewhat advantage (but if all 43 applicants are not unkown, then this logic fails I understand).
Of course I need to beat everyone to win, but in groups doesn't the best 2 go to the next level?
"Unique: if we dont know him he's a noob. Well, if I dont know some1 I know he's noob"
Zolo-du

Post by Zolo-du »

Kilo is a bit right-unknown players play in the tournament and the known players pass qualifications.
I just do not know if it's not too late to argue now?
Maybe 8 groups of 5 players,the two best are going on and the problem disappears.. :)