2vs2 competition 2010

2vs2 mini leagues & other unfrequent hosted tourneys.
lacoste

Re: 2vs2 competition 2010

Post by lacoste »

I just responsed on missunderstanding about whole thread, what should my post cause? Nothing besides fact, that league is a league, and tourney is a tourney. No drama lel.
Zemke
NNN member

Post by Zemke »

I've got an idea about the system:
First of all we throw all participants in one table, like a ladder. Everyone hast to play against everyone once. There will be a deadline. Won rounds are points (A 2-1 B, A gets 2 points and B gets 1 point, simple). When the deadline is reached then place 1 vs place 2 (playing for gold/silver) and place 3 vs place 4 (playing for bronze). We will probably have some teams with the same amount of points, in this case those which won in their direct match are further. If both teams haven't played before the deadline they have to play a decider, but this affects only place 4 and 5, 2 and 3 because they have have the chance for final. Games will be best of 3 and both finals best of 5.

This system has four big advantages advantages:
- Everyone can play against everyone, so players have more possibilities to play games than they have own groups and can only play against a few teams.
- Teams are pushed to be active, because if they are not active they will have less points when deadline comes.
- Absolutely same chances for every team, noone will have bad luck with their group.
- No problem with making the groups, in 2vs2 cups the amount of teams can be very different from cup to cup.
zoky

Post by zoky »

why not sistem like CWT,(ok not so much banns)?
create some groups,,home away,and knock out,,,
"HE HAVE PIGEONS; THAT MEANS HE DOESNT HAVE COWS" o realy .:DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
Koras
NNN member

Post by Koras »

Maybe play offs for top 4 teams(if we have at least 8 active teams) :)
I think scores can be very similar so 1vs4,2vs3 and then final/3rd place match is more fair.
Anyway thats details, most important is group of active wormers. Since Jigsaw is inactive I have to start looking for a team mate 8)
Johnmir
NNN member

Post by Johnmir »

I would play with great pleasure! We have never played together!
Before I played with Terror and Jigsaw, you too, lol. So if this start, i'm free for teaming up!
zoky

Post by zoky »

two giants from croatia will play,just give us rules,and sistem,and show time
Joschi

Post by Joschi »

I m always up for 2v2. But I dont know if we get enought players for a tourney organised in groups. lol

Why we dont organise it like previous ones. Not all failed, and slowly players should have learned time keeping.
Wriggler
NNN member

Post by Wriggler »

Me play!
wriggle intransitive verb: to move the body or a bodily part to and fro with short writhing motions like a worm
Zemke
NNN member

Post by Zemke »

Joschi wrote:I m always up for 2v2. But I dont know if we get enought players for a tourney organised in groups. lol

Why we dont organise it like previous ones. Not all failed, and slowly players should have learned time keeping.
In fact we organize it like previous ones. Some improvements here and there. We didn't have a site and now, with the site we have more possibilities to make it better.
zoky wrote:why not sistem like CWT,(ok not so much banns)?
create some groups,,home away,and knock out,,,
PiNK & Kayz
hLdd3n & Airhead
Koras & Johnmir
Xylen & Fenrys
Joschi & Albino
Zoky & (Tade)
Wriggler & ?

We'd get at least two groups including four teams, but I'm definitely against groups. And I've already said why:
PiNK wrote:- Everyone can play against everyone, so players have more possibilities to play games than they have own groups and can only play against a few teams.
- Teams are pushed to be active, because if they are not active they will have less points when deadline comes.
- Absolutely same chances for every team, noone will have bad luck with their group.
- No problem with making the groups, in 2vs2 cups the amount of teams can be very different from cup to cup.
I'd suggest to start with a ladder then, according to the aboves points and following play-offs (1vs4; 2vs3) for bronze, silver and gold.

First of all we throw all participants in one table, like a ladder. Everyone hast to play against everyone once. There will be a deadline. Won rounds are points (A 2-1 B, A gets 2 points and B gets 1 point, simple). When the deadline is reached then place 1 till 4 come into the play-offs; place 1 vs place 4 and place 2 vs place 3. Usual play-offs. We will probably have some teams with the same amount of points, in this case those which won in their direct match are further. If both teams haven't played before the deadline they have to play a decider, but this affects only places 1 till 5 because they have have the chance for play-offs. Games will be best of 3 and play-offs best of 5, final maybe best of seven.

I'd finalize it if there won't be further suggestions.
zoky

Post by zoky »

about dead line..
in my option iks cool sistem from CWT08..1 games in 7 days..
u can play more games,but u MUST play atleast 1 in 7 days..
Kilobyte
NNN member

Post by Kilobyte »

I would add a schedule table like in Worm Olympics, showing who have to play
"Unique: if we dont know him he's a noob. Well, if I dont know some1 I know he's noob"
Albino

Post by Albino »

I think bo3 seems bad idea for table games.Not fair,because you are getting points by rounds,not whole games.I had say thats ok if bo3 winner gets 2 or 3 points per game.How about playing 3 rounds against everyone?
Zemke
NNN member

Post by Zemke »

zoky wrote:about dead line..
in my option iks cool sistem from CWT08..1 games in 7 days..
u can play more games,but u MUST play atleast 1 in 7 days..
Good idea in connection to Kilobyte's. We list every team that haven't played any game within the seven days period. What penalties do you think of in case some teams didn't follow it (what is going to happen for sure)?
Albino wrote:I think bo3 seems bad idea for table games.Not fair,because you are getting points by rounds,not whole games.I had say thats ok if bo3 winner gets 2 or 3 points per game.How about playing 3 rounds against everyone?
By "how about playing 3 rounds against everyone?" you mean best of three with possibily to win 3-0? How about best of three and 2-0 three points (what such a conquering victory deserves), 2-1 one point (the result is pretty close)?
zoky

Post by zoky »

well bann that team hahah(joke)..
idk,maybe -1 point
Albino

Post by Albino »

Lets imagine there is four team signed up for tourney and they must play in bo3.A,B,C and D.Lets count as A wins 2-0 against B,C wins 2-1 against D.As you can see A won first two rounds and got 2 points, B got 0 points, C won first and last round and got 2 points and D won second round and got 1 points by "point per round" rule.So, team D played more rounds and got more points than team B in bo3.Don't you think this is unfair?If there will be point per round rule I'm about to play 3 rounds,not bo3.If there will be point per bo3 it is even okay.Thats all I wanted to notice.

Dario also noticed that on TUS forums but couldn't found it.