2vs2 Intermediate mini league Number 3!!!

2vs2 mini leagues & other unfrequent hosted tourneys.
Wriggler
NNN member

Post by Wriggler »

Yeah, let's rock it Saturday. Hopefully not too late in the day if possible - many big (American) college football games since it is opening weekend. But if it has to be later, that's fine; duty calls. :)

Find me in MSN
wriggle intransitive verb: to move the body or a bodily part to and fro with short writhing motions like a worm
Zemke
NNN member

Post by Zemke »

Hi Wriggler & SirGorash,
I have interests for saturday too. On saturday i can take the time free for this league. Choose a time, where do you want to play. CU
Johnmir
NNN member

Post by Johnmir »

Jigsaw & Johnmir vs Dario & Jakka - 2 : 1
Attachments
Games.rar
(88.55 KiB) Downloaded 260 times
Jakka

Post by Jakka »

Hello, there!
Unfortunatly I'm invited to a birthday today and I will certainly go there. I'll be back home about 21-22 GMT and hope to meet Dario, SirGorash and Wriggler then. (That's not late in america, har) Promise not to drink much! I think I'm not supposed to drink anyway with my illnes.

Well, hopefully you'll be there. Cya tonight!
Wriggler
NNN member

Post by Wriggler »

Sorry mate, I can play anytime today in the day, but 22-27 GMT I'll be hella drunk at a friend's party.

Anytime tomorrow is good. Monday is a holiday here too...
wriggle intransitive verb: to move the body or a bodily part to and fro with short writhing motions like a worm
Zemke
NNN member

Post by Zemke »

Wriggler it were cool when we can play, too. maybe when u see the message we an play today, that were the best. But tomorrow is a good day, too. hope we C US
SirGorash

Post by SirGorash »

I can not play this sunday, we are celebrating my god-daughter's birthday :)
Jakka

Post by Jakka »

I guess everything is fucked for mini-league. :P
Jigsaw

Post by Jigsaw »

if johnmir wins 6000$ he will buy each of us a beer
Jakka

Post by Jakka »

I suggest he buys some beer for all of us just because hi saks az being there when needed. :P
Jakk0 cares not.
Zemke
NNN member

Post by Zemke »

LET
Wriggler
NNN member

Post by Wriggler »

Jakka wrote:I guess everything is fucked for mini-league. :P
Yeah. Fuck man. I guess SirG and I didn't pay too much attention to deadline....which is tomorrow. Zero games (despite like 10 games that didn't count!). Weekends only killed our chances of finishing in time. Two weeks was "too mini."

Any chance on an extension until 15/09/2008? If not, I guess SirG and I are banned...

School is in session unlike last time, and this "players around the world" thing makes timing difficult. Only 1 team is close to completing the circuit.
Zemke
NNN member

Post by Zemke »

SignUP`s where short
PlayTime is short.......
But Kayz and I am able to play all these games on the time but it is hard to meet other. For example Johnmir and I talked above 2days when we can meet us to play.

Any chance on an extension until 15/09/2008?
^^That where good, I think^^

-Wriggler call me, when we can play?
tomorrow is last day
Dario
NNN member

Post by Dario »

short pretty much sumarises the idea of these mini leagues. The previous ones worked almost perfectly even though there were more teams in and less time. Even the first one worked better with 8 teams, 12 days sign ups and 8 days playtime. While this one totally sucked with 5 teams, 15 days sign up and 15+15 days of playing time.
The problem?: us, the players, because it is not an event meant for casual players (like CWT is), it is meant for people that luckly have some free time and want to play many games in a short period with other people that also have some free time. This time it didn't work because there weren't enough of those lucky people, instead more casual players decided to sign up and thought they had enough time to even turn down the chance of playing a game because they weren't feeling confident enough. I am sorry about that, tournaments like CWT are meant for "casual players that do not play if they don't feel confident enough", with all the timekeeping issues that brings about (1 year and a half for 8 games, WTF!), leagues are meant for those players, but not the 2v2 mini leagues that in fact started as a 2v2 one-evening-tournament but with 12 days sign ups and a whole week instead of one day to play the games.

Probably the introductory description is wrong, and instead of "mini league" should say "15-days tournament".

Anyway, if everybody thinks 15 more days is enough that will done, hopefully all the games, including the final will be played by then. But the next ones will surelly be more tournament-like.
Johnmir
NNN member

Post by Johnmir »

Haha! 6000$ :D i'm $_$ !
Cmon, Jakka, i'm in msn for all the time!
I don't think some of guys should signed up actually. If you can't play - you shouldn't. I can tell you fair, i don't know about Jigsaw but me : i was for playing when we signed up, but it was a moment i was searching for a job, was a bit busy and all my thoughts was about job, i lost interest a bit, but i realized i have to concentrate on playing too since i signed up, when Jigsaw came to msn (he didn't get used to lately!) cause he realized the same i suppose, we started to controll msn and chat. We both had some things to do. But we paid attention, just the same was done by Destroyer. This guy hadn't got enough time but he wanted to play! It wasn't easy to get an agreement but we did it and played! Jakka and Daz were monitoring ag all the time too (first off all cause it was really hard to find some guys).
The main idea : do not register if you don't feel you haven't got time and you are not responsible. Guys who registered and didn't play just acted not the best way with Dario.
Well, i can understand you Daz, and i see what you meant but some of your words connected to cwt was incorrect in my opinioin. Especially after all the problems we had there :).