2vs2 Intermediate mini league Number 3!!!

2vs2 mini leagues & other unfrequent hosted tourneys.
Dario
NNN member

2vs2 Intermediate mini league Number 3!!!

Post by Dario »

PLEASE do not sign up if you are not sure your team will manage to finish all the games on time. There will be many other 2v2 mini leagues, you will surelly get the chance to play in one when you can really play all the games.

Sing up will close on Monday 18th 00:00 hs (GMT), but you can start playing your games since today if there is a team you haven't played. The "season" will end on Sunday 31th and the final game has to be completed by Monday 8th of September.
If your team fails to finish all their games within the stated periods severe and unflexible penalties will be applied (for example being banned from a future 2vs2 mini league).

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Settings and tournament modality

:arrow: Scheme: Intermediate luckless, 4 worms per player, players of the same team have to wear the same colour. That means each colour will have a total of 8 worms.

:arrow: One game of 3 rounds against every other team. Tied rounds don't count so the result between 2 teams can be 3-0 or 2-1. You can't play more than one game against the same team.

:arrow: The 2 teams with most rounds won when all the games were played will play a best of 7 game to define the winner. If two teams have the same number of won rounds in total then what decides which one will go to the final is which of them won most rounds in the game between those teams.

:arrow: You can change the players during the different rounds of one game, but you have to respect the starting order in the way we all already know (if the wrong colour gets the first turn, one resigns and the round is re-started).

:arrow: The teams can consist of 2, 3 or 4 players (if you don't understand how can a 2v2 league have teams of more than 2 players just think about any team sport you are familiar with and you will understand). After the team has played one game you can no longer add a new member to the team.

:arrow: Report the results in this thread and attach the replays with it. If you don't attach the replays the result will not be valid ;) . To make it even clearer: when reporting a result you must upload the replay :).

In-Game rules

Map choice
The terrain has to be one randomly generated by the in-game editor, try to select terrains that offer good hides and minimize the number of easy kills and big piles during the first turns of the round.
Regards the type of terrain to select in successive rounds, it is a good idea to choose cave-cave-island-island(...) or island-island-cave-cave(...). In any case consider it a must to play more or less the same number of caves than islands, because in this way the skills of the players will be tested under a good variety of different terrains. Also in this way both wormers will get more or less the same ammount of starting turns in an island.

Play fair
Respect the first-turn-order, don't choose terrains trying to maximize the positive effect of you starting a round or to reduce the positive effect of the other wormer starting a round. Don't quit the game after each round, because besides being annoying it is suspicious. Also you shouldn't change your team, worms name, worms order and/or special weapon between rounds, it is just lame. Keep in mind that in a 2vs2 game if the players of the same team don't have the same special weapon (Cows and Holy for example) they will get one of them in one round (Might be Cows or Holy) and the other weapon in the next round.

Forbidden BUGS (Remember that rope/bungee knocking is allowed)
-Bungee from jetpack (unless both players clearly agreed on allowing this).
-Girder glitch (and all its variations).
-Bow/bat/rope angle modifications.
-Walking on top of the indestructible barrier of a cave.
-Multiple cows bug (the one that allows a player to drop more cows than what he has in his inventory).
-Speed walking using the mouse.

Allowed BUGS and tricks
This is a list of allowed bugs, and tricks that sometimes are considered bugs, all of which are allowed because they either do not really affect the gameplay or it gets too hard to determine when they were used intentionally or not:
-Napalm strike to turn off molotov fire
-Zooke and other missiles through thin walls
-Dragon Ball throgh thin walls
-Multiple firepunching
-Shotgun through worms
-Supersheep or any kind of missiles shot above the indestructible layer of a closed map
-Rope and bungee knocks
-Cluster abuse

Disconnections

If your teamate accidentally discconects you can choose to finish the round or re-play it. When you are going to re-play a round, the map should be similar to the one used in the incomplete round, and the team that had the starting turn in the incomplete round has to have the starting turn again. If the team that has to get the starting turn doesn't, one of the 2 tams will surrender and the round will be restarted, in this way the starting order will have been fixed.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Again the max number of teams will probably be 8, so we have more than 13 days to finish only 7 games. Attitudes like "ah, let's not play them today because I am not playing at my best" will not be tolerated because it usually generates timekeeping problems.
Remember that this is a game, it is for fun, if you get angry when losing then you are wasting the chance of having a great time with people that share your worming passion.

Good luck, have fun, play fair.

TEAMS IN:
1- Dario & Jakka
2- Destroyer & Kayz
3- SirGorash & Wriggler
4- Mablak & NickyNick
5- Jigsaw & Johnmir

(alphabetical order within teams)

CURRENT RESULTS

Dario & Jakka
2-1 vs Destroyer & Kayz
2-1 vs Mablak &NickyNick
1-2 vs Jigsaw & Johnmir
total: 5

Destroyer & Kayz
1-2 vs Dario & Jakka
1-2 Jigsaw & Johnmir
total: 2

SirGorash & Wriggler

Mablak & NickyNick
1-2 vs Dario & Jakka
total: 1

Jigsaw & Johnmir
2-1 Destroyer & Kayz
2-1 Dario & Jakka
total: 4
Last edited by Dario on Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:23 am, edited 7 times in total.
Dario
NNN member

Post by Dario »

1- Jakka and Dario :P
Jakka

Post by Jakka »

Leave messangers to be found by other participants.
SirGorash

Post by SirGorash »

I need a partner, anyone interested?
Dario
NNN member

Post by Dario »

WTF NO WAI! xD
Zemke
NNN member

Post by Zemke »

2- Destroyer & Kayz ;)
Wriggler
NNN member

Post by Wriggler »

Hi - I want to play but need a partner too. Not sure if I'm SirG-level though.
wriggle intransitive verb: to move the body or a bodily part to and fro with short writhing motions like a worm
SirGorash

Post by SirGorash »

Hi wrig, i can only play on weekends because of work, if thats ok with you then ill be pleased to play at your side! :)
Wriggler
NNN member

Post by Wriggler »

SirGorash wrote:Hi wrig, i can only play on weekends because of work, if thats ok with you then ill be pleased to play at your side! :)
Let's do it then. mwahaha - fear us! :twisted:
Zemke
NNN member

Post by Zemke »

hehe lol, nice pair :D
SirGorash

Post by SirGorash »

Wrig, can we meet tomorrow to train?
Ill try to worm all day :)
Wriggler
NNN member

Post by Wriggler »

yeah, sure mate. Not all day, but certainly several hours. Look for me in MSN.
wriggle intransitive verb: to move the body or a bodily part to and fro with short writhing motions like a worm
Antares
NNN member

Post by Antares »

I'm available until 18th ... josch? partners again? but we must find third player cuz i leave country in 18 august...
Even my clock at morning sounds ''tac-tic'' instead of ''tic-tac''.
GopnicK
NNN member

Post by GopnicK »

need a partner
Hokku:
Cheat
Hax
WTF
Antares
NNN member

Post by Antares »

We can play together Gop although we have diferent styles ... then again, i think it would be interesting and fun this way. I will contact Josch today and i will play as third player ( eventually play some games untill i leave country and then you two can play )...
Even my clock at morning sounds ''tac-tic'' instead of ''tic-tac''.