Jumping sheeps

Missions designed to help players gain skills that will be, sooner or later, useful during a normal match.
Felo

Jumping sheeps

Post by Felo »

Today playing with Dario i realized a very nice spot to try this "new" technique with the sheep.
JUMP + SHEEP JUMP! (the sheep jumps exactly when u throw it on the air)

Well, a very nice new technice to improve with the sheep.

this is the 1st level, very easy..

next levels have more difficult spots!

the scheme is simple: INFINITE SHEEPS! and initial position's selector allowed

Hope u like it!

Tip: throw the sheep when u r almost losing the turn (because the fall)
Attachments
JUMPING SHEEPS.PNG
(9.9 KiB) Downloaded 43 times
The wormgod says "we must accept initial positions on every round, that's the test for you today."
Dario
NNN member

Post by Dario »

Looks like the beginning of the sheep mission series :).
lacoste

Post by lacoste »

I dont understand felo's post at all, do u have any replay showing exacly what do u mean with these jumps?

Well, i was trying to make a simple mission, spent on it like 2 hours for balancing. I noticed there will never be that one or two moves to complete mission, coz of random jumps. Thats not based on manual skills or even thinking skills, its based on if sheep jump exacly how we wanted, pure random. I dont think so that jumping sheep missions is good idea, but sheep golf would be nice addition ;)
Dario
NNN member

Post by Dario »

There is nothing random in what felo did. Just jump forward, press enter in the correct moment and the sheep will jump on the head of your worm.

Yes, animal jumping has some randomness, so the focus of animal related missions shouldn't be exact jumps. On the other hand timing of the drop, timing of the explosion and precision of the first jump (I've been told it is always exactly the same if you release the animal in the exact same part of the jump) are based on manual skills :).
lacoste

Post by lacoste »

I will post soon my map so u can try this. When i played i had like 1 succes per 100 try'es, and well, in normal game something like this never happen :)
khamski

Post by khamski »

bah i didnt know it was about loosing your worm (enter jump)... but now i get it.. sheep jumps from head cool )))

i'll post the results soon

edit:

btw sheep reaches the destination even without enter jump
aand... i think you could post a scheme... it is not that simple..
i mean you gotta remove barrels and make sheeps infinite...
i am too lazy for that :)
Last edited by khamski on Mon May 11, 2009 8:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.
lacoste

Post by lacoste »

Works for sure.

What u have to do is - Start placing ur worm between arrows and drop sheep from drop area so she can get into the hole. Sheep must touch the red dot-block. HF!

Edit: Forgot to tell ya, sheep must go inside the pipes (forgot to block one area). Added scheme.
Attachments
Mario Pipes.wsc
(297 Bytes) Downloaded 278 times
Mario Pipes.png
(14.7 KiB) Downloaded 13 times
lacoste

Post by lacoste »

For those who trying to reach this mission, heres the proof that everything works fine (i didnt finish it as it should be, these are just examples). And, the ramdomness as i told before can be noticed in this pipe entrace so that not everytime sheep will jump into the hole. At 1.50 is exaple how she should jump to the hole. 2.40 shows perfect drop from drop area with bad luck at the end. There are two ways to reach pipes, sheep touches red dot only, or, red + grey dot. But if it would be called a mission, i could say that the winner is the one who was more lucky, not the one who is better manualy. And so on, if u got for exaple only one sheep in that sheep-runs with hard drop, u gonna take away all of ur hairs + always luck wins imo.
Attachments
2009-05-11 20.34.06 [Offline] Nie ma to tamto.WAgame
(34.45 KiB) Downloaded 291 times
Felo

Post by Felo »

GJ XTC

:)

but i still dont think it is RANDOM...
The wormgod says "we must accept initial positions on every round, that's the test for you today."
Dario
NNN member

Post by Dario »

Here is the undeniable proof that sheep jumps have a considerable degree of randomness.
Attachments
2009-05-15 13.44.46 [Offline Round 2] Ninguno.WAgame
(13.66 KiB) Downloaded 323 times
Felo

Post by Felo »

i dont have internet now...

im on a cyber cafe...

so i cant watch that ><

but... how a "manual reaction" (when u press enter) can be random?
khamski

Post by khamski »

not a reaction
we saw that sheep jumps are random