Koras' challenge

Missions designed to help players gain skills that will be, sooner or later, useful during a normal match.
Koras
NNN member

Post by Koras »

nice fight there :)
check it guys, thats starting positions from one of my league match.
the question is how many worms can you kill :)
Its not so hard but looks liek record, U just have to be very fast.
Attachments
kill.rar
(5.47 KiB) Downloaded 327 times
Dario
NNN member

Post by Dario »

Antares: No, kami would plop them. Try again :P

Kayz: I don't see any possible way of getting +4/3 fall damage with dyna. Also, still no ^^, keep trying, hehe.

Koras: let's try to keep things organized and not start a new one until the last one has been solved. But if you ask me:
A good knock might be able to plop nasty, asshole and nicola; stanley just plops by activating the mine; penny can be plopped by knocking the mine closer to him and maybe low gravity can be needed, then alcoholic and j.zajdel with a knock and plop with kami. That's 7 asuming that it's humanly possible to perform the first knock without failing (looks like a really hard knock), detonate the first mine and knock the second mine with the correct timing (activating LG in the correct moment + timing the knock correctly) and do the last kills in only 45s :P.
Koras
NNN member

Post by Koras »

thats exactly what I wanted do :) (offline)
for me time was main problem I did it in 55/60 s (but I am very tried now and feels liek shit :oops: )
about your task I would try pile both enemy worms put dyna at their head and move then to barrel/dyna next to E. But I am not 100% sure about it, next time upload here map without all this object pls.
I tried at PINK map but this map isnt perfect.... I prefer try something then just quessing.
Dario
NNN member

Post by Dario »

I think it's more fun without being able to try things on the map :P, let's see what Antares thinks about it.
Just in case, here it goes.

Anyway: no, try again!

Need another clue?
No dyna nor sheep.
Attachments
guess 2.rar
(115 Bytes) Downloaded 289 times
Zemke
NNN member

Post by Zemke »

Antares wrote:Why did you change power of the weapons? :o
i haven't done it because i wanted it, sounds strange. i have made this scheme to train, i dunno why this happened :x .

besides this, where is the sense to just guess what anyone has done in this situation? to me it gives a much bigger challenge to try this, for example the replay from Koras gives a real challenge to me since the vision challenges are a way unrealistic and in some moments are more luck than skill for example the mission to shot the dragon ball in the right moment. vision challenges are more about have an idea how to manage it because there is just one way to solve it. don't you think trying and presentating the solution is better than guessing what another wormer has done?

hopefully to beat your 55seconds Koras :P
Dario
NNN member

Post by Dario »

The first vision challenge was 100% from moves done (or tried) in the game by me. Second one was from TCB because it was a good moment to have a second one and I didn't have another one ready, and despite being "unrealistic" it can teach 3 things:
-Dragon ball timing during a jump, that has nothing to do with luck, it is about timing skills.
-Using your own worms as stairs (I've done it in a few real games, never seen anybody else doing it though).
-Dropping dynamite on the head of the worm you are using (yes, Mablak didn't do it that way, but he could have). Technique that allows you to put a dyna or mine on the head of your own worm if what you need is to blast the enemy worm horizontally or downwards and there is no land where to drop the weapon on.
About the third: Mablak told me he was making one, let's see what he brings :).

Well, I stand on Antares' side this time, because we already have those "solve it in any way you can" kind of challenges (the vision challenges). In this contest, instead of finding the only way, you have to see all the possible ways, so rather than about guessing it is again about creativity. Yes, in the end you need to be kind of "lucky" to guess the exact way of doing it, but meanwhile you had to put your brain to work ;), and that's the idea (I think).

On the other hand Koras' challenge looks more like a regular mission to me: it's not hard to see and imagine what you have to do because you just have to try several times until you do it, no vision/creativity exercise there, just skills.
Zemke
NNN member

Post by Zemke »

well... this was what i almost exactly meant too! of course not all things you have to do in the vision challenges are built on luck, but to solve it you also need luck; even more luck than you need at Koras' challenge. peace!
Dario
NNN member

Post by Dario »

Define what is luck for you, because in vision challenge n2 the only part where you can miss out of luck (in the way I define luck for this game) is the dynamite drop, with a 40% success rate due to sub-pixel alignment and flame randomness.
In vision challenge n1 the lucky part was the drill knock, with a 50% success rate due to the inner randomness of the way the drill works.
All the other "lucky variables" in both challenges can be easily controlled by any skilled player.

Anyway, for Koras' challenge I just did it in 38:68 seconds (quite slow compared to the 32 with the missed kami) but didn't have to use LG :P.
Attachments
Dario 38'68.WAgame
(16.41 KiB) Downloaded 282 times
Antares
NNN member

Post by Antares »

Dario wrote:Well, I stand on Antares' side this time...
Why this time? :shock: ... when were you standing against my side?
Dario wrote:Yes, in the end you need to be kind of "lucky" to guess the exact way of doing it, but meanwhile you had to put your brain to work ;), and that's the idea (I think).
The idea ... at least the way i imagined and came up with the contest, was to, as i already sayed, give a chance to a non skilled wormer ( or a non skilled wormer with potential regarding planing, thinking, creating).
The other was to bring NNN skills to another level. I mean thinking and anticipating how a certain player will play. And here i mean also the fact that adapting your playing style to opponent style can be only if you know how the player thinks. I hope we will have soon case studies of how a wormer got into a situation and how he can solve it. For example, a prt screen of khamski missing a shotgun and has to kill 2 worms with one shot :P ... i mean real case studies from NNNL and other competitions.

Believe it or not, i always tend to play different depending on opponent. And God knows i've been helped many times by ''psychology'' and tactic. If it were for my skills... God have mercy :P
Even my clock at morning sounds ''tac-tic'' instead of ''tic-tac''.
Zemke
NNN member

Post by Zemke »

oof nice one, i always failed with the knock but as i see you have done it on another way; instead of calculating the strongness of the knock you have bounced your own worm on the wall above while the enemies plopped, cleverly done! if it was planned :P

i can definine luck very short: something without this things: skills, tips, tricks, calculating. so what i mean it's absolutely random if you get it or not.
and yes, a beginner at worms wouldn't be able to solve vision challenges because vision challenges are not 100% luck! i can't say how much in the vision challenges is luck and how much not or what moves were luck and what moves not. probably my argument vision challenges are more about luck was negligent, i should have rather said: Koras' challenge is more about basic skills and vision challenges are much more as basic skills like good timing as you said. :)

Koras, you will give us another challenge? :P
Antares
NNN member

Post by Antares »

I don't know what you guys perceive as luck in vision challenge! :shock:

Ps: i forgot to say Gj Daz... nice speed, but you can make it with at least 2-3 sec faster ;)

Ps2: still didn't answered my first question from quote :P
Dario
NNN member

Post by Dario »

No idea to be honest, but why to assume I never was? ^^
Antares
NNN member

Post by Antares »

Dunno... but i don't like answers to be refrazed under another question. :P

Let's say the answer is ok, nvm :)
Koras
NNN member

Post by Koras »

Koras' challenge :lol:
Koras, you will give us another challenge? Razz
sorry but no(at least not now), I just cryed after loose match vs Mablak checked my position and realized omg he coudl kill 7 ! :) that was very special case..... usually its impossible to kill more then 2.
Rafka
NNN member

Post by Rafka »

yea wow, gj :)