Suggestion !

Discussion and information related to the open Intermediate league
hLdd3n

Suggestion !

Post by hLdd3n »

Maybe this idea has already been discussed but id put it up.
Why there isn't a thread or even better a section in which to be described every players team.
I mean the order of the worms, superweapon, color, etc.

I think this will help the league matches to be more balanced, when you are prepared with the order and superweap.When someone changes it, it will be changed in the thread and done ... no strange surprises :) only tactics.
Domi

Re: Suggestion !

Post by Domi »

I'm glad to see a suggestion. It's always good and makes the forum evolve.

However, I must say I am afraid the players would change the worm order every single game!
hLdd3n

Post by hLdd3n »

domi i think you missunderstood something ? why the players would change the worm order every game ?
i think even in the rules it was said that the team should stay the same

the idea is for that order to be known by everyone not only to the people who has memorized it.
Domi

Post by Domi »

Sorry if I misunderstood.
why the players would change the worm order every single game ?
Well, they could change it to trick their opponents, if you know what I mean.
zoky

Post by zoky »

hmmm,maybe I dont get ur point,u wana know my worm order in game?

NO WAY...
sry if I dont understund
"HE HAVE PIGEONS; THAT MEANS HE DOESNT HAVE COWS" o realy .:DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
Joschi

Post by Joschi »

Well, we dont have to discuss that thread, you just can open it and wait how many players will follow your exemple. But personaly I dont like the idea. Everybody has the right to create a new team (or just change the order of existing worm names) to surprise his opponent, its a piece of your strategy! This fits also to your team weapon. For a weaker wormer, f.e., it can be a huge advantage to change his team weapon to pigeons (his opponent doesnt know it first), if he knows he plays at caves and just want to reach SD time xD And its his right to take every option to raise his win chances.

I created my actual worms team just for CWT semi-finals against Johnmir to surprise him. At the end it didnt helped me, neither I had the feeling that he toke any notice that I had changed my team :DD

I would prefer an offtopic thread, with the stories behind each wormers team xD Not just meant to show the order..
Koras
NNN member

Post by Koras »

Joschi wrote: Everybody has the right to create a new team (or just change the order of existing worm names) to surprise his opponent, its a piece of your strategy!
It's so lame.
Kayz
NNN member

Post by Kayz »

Yep, I agree with Joschi. I have the same team for years, and why should I change it or tell someone my order? When I play against people who know my team, but I don't know their new one, it's usually no problem, after a few worm select usages of the opponent, I know it anyhow (or if some of his worms die I know the order of the remaining ones after a time).
[FaD] im pro jumper
[lNNNxDario] i see
Ivo
NNN member

Post by Ivo »

Hey hLdd3n,

I agree with Domi, is nice to see people interesting in evolution but, I also don't like your propose too. I think that it makes part of the game. The same way you probably take note about opponent utilities and/or weapons used, you should (if you want of course) take not or pay attention to the worms order of your opponent. And it's not forbidden to change team or worms order, only is considered unfair change team or worms order, between rounds of the same game.
hLdd3n

Post by hLdd3n »

i agree with Koras :)

.. and it seems abit funny screaming so much against like someone is going to steal your skills or something :P
i thought it will be just useful information for all and also fun even to explain the origin the names of your worms or atleast translate them

.. nvm i wont discuss this anymore then
Mablak

Post by Mablak »

People don't always keep the same team names and superweapons, that kinda thread wouldn't really be useful. Anyway, that's bad practice, people shouldn't try to memorize worm names between matches, trying to memorize order on the spot is part of the game.
Johnmir
NNN member

Post by Johnmir »

Let's also make a full report of how many selects, ropes and other weapons we have every turn during the round - it will be also usefull for everyone.

Johnmir finishes his turn.
> Johnmir: well, i have 3 ropes, 0 selects, 1 dinamit, jet pack and super weapon isn't used (it is holy, btw)
> hLdd3n: thanks, i will block you next turn then % since hLdden knows my worms order %
> Johnmir: sure, go for it
hLdd3n starts his turn

I'm not sure i got Koras and Joschi. But i can say what is really lame (from my point of view certainly) - when you watch worms order watching the fucking sheet of paper in stead of planning nice tactical moves and searching for cool ideas. It is always possible to predict the next worm to go, if you are just attentive enough and have some experience.

Btw, agree with HLdd3n - it will be funny to read team-name's and worm-name's explanations. We can even make a special thread for it (but wanna say again, i will explain some of the worm names, some of them are funny, but i won't list it in a right order. If someone is lame enough to learn my worm order, i will let him to waste some time opening replays, writing down names, etc.)

P.S. I know a lot of pro players use these fucking sheets (shits) but it doesn't change my opinion.
hLdd3n

Post by hLdd3n »

lol john i think you know well that such report have nothing to do with it and your sarcasm is pointless
Joschi

Post by Joschi »

Hehe, skunks are also lame in your eyes xD But still they are an important detail in worms and not everybody can use them.. I ve written the order down once, but in between I know them by hard (just of good players). It s the same with used weapons. I think its necessary to notice them, if you play vs an equal opponent and you want to win :-)
Johnmir
NNN member

Post by Johnmir »

Never said skunks are lame :P. I was only kidding that i just hate them (i meant the way how they smell :D).

Cmon, hLdd3n i didn't want to offend anyone, it is just my point of view and that example was used to explain my thoughts better. I know there are too many guys who doesn't share my opinion (i know some normal stars who share, though...) Writing down worms order is too pragmatic way of playing which leads you to be one of thousands of "standard" players. You know, i hate this idea of playing, for me worms is something creative, beautiful in it's idea, beautiful in the way it is played.

So far, you don't need to be an equal player, learn and practice untill you become the best. But wasting your time on the shit that makes you less attentive on the things which are really important just make the way longer! (you know, friend, i say that not to offend you, vice-versa)