Sudden Death its unfair?

Discussion and information related to the open Intermediate league
Albus

Sudden Death its unfair?

Post by Albus »

I was playing with a guy, and he used a scheme with no sudden death.
He said to me that its unfair and told me some arguments.
I was thinking about it... and I would like to know opinion of others players about it.
If SD its fair or unfair, and why :?:
bye :)
Const

Re: Sudden Death its unfair?

Post by Const »

sd isnt unfair. it gives caves a much more higher tactical affect. learn to play caves learn to use sd.
think about unfair positions. like a tripple kill or worms wich are blocked from begin. or mistakes. sumthen like that.
u still can beat people in caves using sd.

its not unfair its fun even if water rises and u should win the round u maybe can block the opponent with girders and fb until there is no way.
than u got to play concentrated prevent mistakes and handle your win. i think its alot of fun but also can cost nervs :D:D

well sumtimes i lost games cause of sd but i think i made mistakes in those rounds i had sumthen like that with kayz last time. but i think it was fun
and i made the mistake :D
Albus

Post by Albus »

The argument of this guy was that: if you got advantage during all the game, its not fair SD turn it equal after SD begin.
For example, you have 2 worms with 100 energy, and the other guy have 2 worms with 20 and 25 energy for example. That means you played better the round, because you have advantage. Then, the other guy, with the worms with few energy, hide, and block you with a girder waiting SD. Then, when SD begins, the round will be equal... and who had advantage because played better all the round, will have big bad lucky if SD begins in the round of the another player (who had worms with few energy).
I dont have opinion about that... that was argument of my m8.
ps: sry my english.
Const

Post by Const »

maybe that is true! but sd is on islands also. positions arent fair always. so sd is in my eyes a nice part for caves. its the way u use it. u know when it comes. u can play on sd if u have a disadvantage. ye 2 low worms are better than 1 high hp worm if u hide them that opponent wont reach both in 1 turn. thats just true
but sd doesnt comes so suprising,

well often its rly getn on my nervs to if u wait for sd and want to use it and it doesnt come.. or comes on wrong turn always. sumtimes i love it :D
Kayz
NNN member

Post by Kayz »

This guy is stupid. If you have 2 worms with 100 hp and aren't able to kill 25 and 20 hp before SD comes, it's YOUR fault for wasting all ropes / mobility at all. In the end mobility decides the game. If I can win with 2 worms and 3 ropes vs 7 worms without select worm, ropes, lg and jp, then I played better in the end, even if SD is my only chance. Playing with Sudden Death is what makes this scheme unique, and mostly people who have zero SD skills complain the most about it. The games where I lost because of SD was 100% my fault for wasting too much or not paying attention. You don't have "advantage during all the game" if you can't even finish two worms in the end.
[FaD] im pro jumper
[lNNNxDario] i see