HB can indicate who QUIT or DROPPED? See this REPLAY

Discussion and information related to the open Intermediate league
Albus

HB can indicate who QUIT or DROPPED? See this REPLAY

Post by Albus »

Hi all,
I was playing with Tadeusz and was 1-1... we was in the last round... he played his first turn... and after I played my first turn, the game crashed. I was in game after game crashed... and I believe HB too... and HB said a message in chat: "tadeusz is quitting"... "... connection reset by peer".

I ask you who have more experience with HB... in that case, my replay, HB can help to know who DC?
Is the HB a way to know who DC, and how?

ps: I put the print screen too of HB message after game crashed.
Attachments
print screen.png
(64.13 KiB) Not downloaded yet
2013-06-24 15.02.42 [Online] HostingBuddy, @cangaceiro, Cop`tadeusz.WAgame
(19.66 KiB) Downloaded 174 times
kukumber
NNN member

Re: HB can indicate who QUIT or DROPPED? See this REPLAY

Post by kukumber »

I always considered that kind of pattern of messages as someone rebooting their internet manually, but I might be wrong. Ask tadeusz what happened, I'm pretty sure there is no need to lie for him.
Albus

Post by Albus »

kukumber wrote:I always considered that kind of pattern of messages as someone rebooting their internet manually, but I might be wrong. Ask tadeusz what happened, I'm pretty sure there is no need to lie for him.
I asked him in AG what message HB send to him after game crashed... well, he didnt say to me that, and just asked me to "fuck host" again. I think he was a little bit angry today with something.
I told him I would come to forum post replay and invited him to discuss here...
Kayz
NNN member

Post by Kayz »

Don't know a lot about HB, but we had cases where it quoted "quitting" when a crash happened. Maybe just replay, since it was just the first turns?..
[FaD] im pro jumper
[lNNNxDario] i see
kukumber
NNN member

Post by kukumber »

My bad, didn't check the replay. Indeed, why bother if it was the very beginning of the round. :)
Albus

Post by Albus »

To be honest... I dont know well Tadeusz... and he was being very rude to me. If he was a bad guy, could quitted just because didnt like the start positions or another reason.
I'm saying he was rude, because when I tried to speak peaceful with him, asking what Hosting Buddy said to him after game crashed, the only thing he said to me many times was that: "fuck host yourself" (this is not a polite way to talk with a mate). He didnt want to talk peaceful saying to me what HB said to him in the chat... so I began to think bad things about his behavior... then I wanted to investigate if was really an accident the crash or not.

Yeah, I know was in the begining of the round, and probably no big reason to quit for a bad guy, if he was a bad guy... but I dont know him... and I have played before with such bad guys who quitted just for dont like start positions etc... there is all kinds of persons in WN, with zero honesty. I'm always alert.

But I'm not telling he is a bad guy. I have played with him few times, and no problem with him until now.
But, probably I make big deal of this... since was in the begin of the round... but the fact HB show to me the message that he quitted with the fact he was a little bit rude with me, made me want to investigate more, and use the oportunity to learn more about HB (if those messages that appear, telling that a player quitted etc, can point with veracity to a quitter).

ps: sry for my english... isnt too good, I try to make ir better.
Albus

Post by Albus »

Now, I would like to know if HB can help us to know if a guy quitted purposely or not. But I think its impossible...

Kayz said: "we had cases where it quoted quitting when a crash happened".
Kukumber said: "I always considered that kind of pattern of messages as someone rebooting their internet manually, but I might be wrong".

Then, I think HB cant help to know if a guy quitted or not. The one and only way is have another person in the game, a third guy... because if this third guy stay in game after the other guy "crash", then this fact point, with no doubt, to a quitter, right? HB dont help anything, right?
I'll never pay attention more in what HB says...
Kayz
NNN member

Post by Kayz »

well it was 100% tadeusz who dropped/quitted, that's for sure, because HB was the "spectator"
[FaD] im pro jumper
[lNNNxDario] i see