Anyone ever considered limited SGs?

Discussion and information related to the open Intermediate league
Mablak

Anyone ever considered limited SGs?

Post by Mablak »

I was just looking at the number of SGs used in cave rounds, seems to be like 6-8 uses in a lot of matches, while in islands it's more like 0-3. If inter had limited SGs, it would rarely affect island maps, but caves would stand to benefit, it could result in more entertaining matches and a bit more technical skill. For example, uzi would have to be used more, requiring more accuracy with it, and the slight added skill of trying to hide where you can't be uzi'd. You'd also have to try mining or nading more often in situations where you know you can do 50+.

Anyone want to experiment in funners with having say, 5 shotguns?
Kayz
NNN member

Re: Anyone ever considered limited SGs?

Post by Kayz »

Hm it's much more effective not to do shotgun all the time, why set a limit?
People who use it in almost every turn, I say: Your own fault.
I use sg a lot, but rarely for plain 50 dmg, I try to pile or let things explode or push mines with it, for me shotgun itself is not the same as 50 dmg shotgun.
[FaD] im pro jumper
[lNNNxDario] i see
Tomek
NNN member

Post by Tomek »

After few weeks playing this mode +10 to creative :) I even would use it in league not only in funners but i think 5 is not enough for long game..7 sounds better for me
I watched a worm crawl along the edge of a straight razor.It's my dream,nightmare.Crawling,slithering along the edge of a straight razor,and surviving
Mablak

Post by Mablak »

I don't know if people are simply making a mistake by using SG too much in cave rounds, but whether they are or aren't, limiting SG could certainly boost the entertainment factor in things like CWT.
kukumber
NNN member

Post by kukumber »

Actually wanted to host a tourney for olympics, ONL scheme with no sg, :)
Dario
NNN member

Post by Dario »

BUMP*
Yea, I thought a lot about it and found 2 problems:
-Alters the balance between skills and strategy. Some low skilled but highy strategical players would get disadvantage
-Some players use shotgun a lot, but in rather creative ways.
-It's used a lot for digging

What about 105 hp for worms instead of limiting shotgun?. In that way looking for ways of causing more than 50 damage becomes a lot more useful.
kukumber
NNN member

Post by kukumber »

Yeah, hp increase sounds great. Don't see how it will cause any other problems. Will try to think bout it though.
Tomek
NNN member

Post by Tomek »

Yes Dario but then strategical player can learn more about another weapons.. about second point-player can respect more sg and use it in more creative way because of limit:) hmm
I watched a worm crawl along the edge of a straight razor.It's my dream,nightmare.Crawling,slithering along the edge of a straight razor,and surviving
Const

Post by Const »

105 hp would change to much in my eyes. so its not clear 2turns 1 kill in badest way. and if sum1 get luckier positions with much 1turn kills and other not the 105 hp thing would be very unfair i think
Kayz
NNN member

Post by Kayz »

why 105? I thought 101 :P 51 dmg mine is easy in most cases
[FaD] im pro jumper
[lNNNxDario] i see
kukumber
NNN member

Post by kukumber »

Can we also increase the amount of mines then? Like them anyway. :roll:

P.S.
Just kidding. :wink:
Dario
NNN member

Post by Dario »

105 doesn't change much, watch many replays and you see worms rarely die of 50+50 damage.
Mablak

Post by Mablak »

It's true that people use shotgun a lot, in creative ways, but you'd still have like 5 of them, plenty of opportunities for stuff. I'm not sure about 101 health, it might cause too many worms to be left in SD, but I'd be interested to try. If I could, I'd like to bring intermediate up to the level of chess... I'm guessing the only way to increase the complexity would be to have more worms and more resources though.
kukumber
NNN member

Post by kukumber »

Could you guys make a scheme with 105 hp and upload it to worms database, I would gladly try it in funners with random people as I play them anyway. And if someone would like to join me to test the scheme just pm me in game. But first upload it to database please, cause I don't know how. :)
Dario
NNN member

Post by Dario »

Well, I think if what you want is something more similar to chess, then the changes you need should decrease the effect of skills and increase the importance of strategy. Limiting shotgun or giving the worms 105 hp does the opposite.

Kukumber: I have been trying this inter modification for a while, sadly it's not for newbs because it has in-game rules.
Modifications:
-worms have 105 hp
-all special weapon are aviable
-Flame thrower 1 ammo 0 delay 3 power
-Pigeons 2 ammo 2 delay 3 power
-Cows 2 ammo 2 delay 3 power
-Holy Hand Grenade 1 ammo 3 delay 3 power
-Old woman 1 ammo 3 delay 5 power
-Sheep launcher 1 ammo 3 delay 5 power
-Super sheep 1 ammo 1 delay 4 power
-Moles 3 ammo 0 delay 5 power
-The rule about special weapons is: you can only use one of them in each round (if you chose cows, pigeons or moles, you can obviously use all the ammo you have of them).

The modifications in power and delay were made trying to balance them, so that any of them is equally usefull (just in different situations) and people can get advantage from knowing how to use all of them. It'd be nice if all special weapon were used, not just cows like nowadays.

Give it a try in funners with people that can follow those rules ;)
Attachments
[105 sw inter].wsc
(297 Bytes) Downloaded 235 times