Terrain Design Ruls Question

Discussion and information related to the open Intermediate league
Const

Re: Terrain Design Ruls Question

Post by Const »

i wont confirm this shit cuase its agaist ruls if u do as admin im sorry for this league than i can use all bugs in future or what ? if its allwoed to brake ruls we dont need them
Const

Post by Const »

i just said it to khamsk cause u lied to me and said its legal kayz. than i read ruls and khamski was ok with i report 2:0 and i said no i dont want that but i start thinken about it. cause u bunch of fools i start getn real pissed of this . read the fucken rules
Const

Post by Const »

:25: sKhamski> i didn't know that map choose is forbidden lol
24.07 22:25: sKhamski> take your 2-0 then
24.07 22:25: sKhamski> i dont care
24.07 22:25: jule> no no m8

here i wont permit sich shit . thats what khamski said yesterday i swear by god and today he is shizophrenia i wont permit that from my side there u got to brake ur own ruls
Dario
NNN member

Post by Dario »

Disambiguation needed, following worms official wiki. http://worms2d.info/Map_Editor_Guide

-"Map editor"
-"inverts the terrain"
-"to add or susctract terrain from the map"
-"terrain texture"

So let's call map the themeless terrain shape, and texture the layout (medieval, beach, hell, etc.)
Rules state that both map (called terrain in the rules section) and theme (called layout in the rules section) must be random.
Reason:
-homogeneize map choice through league games, so that all players play in a similar range of maps regardless of who hosts.
-preven map choice from becoming too biased towards one particular preference (see what happened at elite: always fruit, always highly complex, always same game). Good intermediate players should be able to deal with eventual not-so-good maps as well as they deal with maps with good hides.
*As a last resource, if you've got tired of clicking in the full-random generator, enter the editor and click through the kind of cave or island you are looking for, but never add or substract land, and select a random texture.

Round could be void if it was proven Khamski selected the same texture, but it looks like jule agreed to play and report, didn't he?.
Const

Post by Const »

no :O. khamski said i could report 2:0. but i dont want that i wanna remtach or void game.
khamski

Post by khamski »

I don't want any replay.
You can get your win.

kukumber, thx for your support.
Dario
NNN member

Post by Dario »

I don't like the idea of a tech loss because of map choice.
Const

Post by Const »

me neither. but i dont like what happened ingame neither. i said it before a turn was played. khamski should have balls and replay
Kayz
NNN member

Post by Kayz »

I don't like the idea of creating a drama for such a bullshit
[FaD] im pro jumper
[lNNNxDario] i see
Const

Post by Const »

If that happened to me as host i would say it in beginning of round like " oh wtf same layout im sorry . rh ??" as host i try to be as fair as possible :!: :idea:
Joschi

Post by Joschi »

Sorry, that shouldn't be my topic, but here a banal question: why it is a sign of unfairness to use the "same layout" twice? Did khamski get any advantage out of that? I interpreted your in-game question "khamski, is this the same layout then last round??" as a rhetorical question. I don't believe that you've forgotten the layout you played 2 minutes ago.

I am glad when my opponent uses map editor. When I host, I click three time the random map editor (to select random layout), then I go into map editor and select complex map and minimize girders. I don't change the randomly selected layout.
Kayz
NNN member

Post by Kayz »

Don't minimize girders always, only if they really suck in the particular map (like if the only possible place for it being connecting the upper part of the island to allow multiple lg kami kills), but if you never play with girders, one important part of the scheme is missing imo. :) Especially cave maps I always choose completely random. You can zip very fast through it and if you skip one good map, you can always go back with Shift and leftclick (for those who didn't know).
[FaD] im pro jumper
[lNNNxDario] i see
zoky

Post by zoky »

lol nice topic :)
jule to be honest if he use 2 time same terein(grass) its fair imo..u bouth have 1st turn on that shity terrain and thats fair.unfair is situation if he use plop map on his 1st turn.i rly dont see any problem in ur game :S.u have lose,aceot that and show must go on
"HE HAVE PIGEONS; THAT MEANS HE DOESNT HAVE COWS" o realy .:DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD